Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Miyabi on Rims

Hey, first post. I just purchased the Kamikaze Miyabi Coating Kit for my 2000 Corvette. Had a quick question; Can I use this coating on my rims as well? I really didn`t want to pay another $100 for their specific rim coating.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Miyabi on Rims

I`d imagine it wouldn`t be an issue but no guarantees from me, never tried it. Have seen the vendor do some wheels with Miyabi as a base, followed by Stance rim coating so I`d guess it would be OK but when in doubt, call the vendor and ask. I like Stance `cuz it`s so easy to apply and has held up the best for me but I`ve also had good luck with Gyeon Rim and others have had great success with Gtechniq C5, which you can get in 15ml sizes for around $35 before any discounts. Really like that about Gtechniq, the availability in 15ml bottles/portions, usually enough for 1 vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by richiebohrer24 View Post
    Hey, first post. I just purchased the Kamikaze Miyabi Coating Kit for my 2000 Corvette. Had a quick question; Can I use this coating on my rims as well? I really didn`t want to pay another $100 for their specific rim coating.

Thank you

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I`d imagine it wouldn`t be an issue but no guarantees from me, never tried it. Have seen the vendor do some wheels with Miyabi as a base, followed by Stance rim coating so I`d guess it would be OK but when in doubt, call the vendor and ask. I like Stance `cuz it`s so easy to apply and has held up the best for me but I`ve also had good luck with Gyeon Rim and others have had great success with Gtechniq C5, which you can get in 15ml sizes for around $35 before any discounts. Really like that about Gtechniq, the availability in 15ml bottles/portions, usually enough for 1 vehicle.
    Thanks. I have been using the Hydr02 Lite and Reload by CarPro for my rims the past year or so. Are any of these coatings that you`re talking about going to be any better then the two from CarPro I just mentioned?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, yes. Hydro2Lite and Reload are gonna be kinda lightweights compared to a dedicated wheel/rim coating. I`m at about 21 months, 37k miles on my Stance-coated rims and it`s just now getting time to re-do. Did Gyeon Rim on wife`s Corvette (chrome repro wheels) back in 2016 and at about 7k fair-weather-only miles a year, was still doing OK when we shipped it off last January.

Quote Originally Posted by richiebohrer24 View Post
    Thanks. I have been using the Hydr02 Lite and Reload by CarPro for my rims the past year or so. Are any of these coatings that you`re talking about going to be any better then the two from CarPro I just mentioned?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It will be fine, did it all the time when we offered Kamikaze. Not as much durability due to the heat, but I would think that’s only a problem if you’re heavy on the brakes
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Technically you can use any paint coating on wheels. Some may last longer than others.

So go with what you have. You can use hydro and reload to maintain.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    IMO, yes. Hydro2Lite and Reload are gonna be kinda lightweights compared to a dedicated wheel/rim coating. I`m at about 21 months, 37k miles on my Stance-coated rims and it`s just now getting time to re-do. Did Gyeon Rim on wife`s Corvette (chrome repro wheels) back in 2016 and at about 7k fair-weather-only miles a year, was still doing OK when we shipped it off last January.
    Reload would not last long at all on wheels. You can get about 3 months out of Hydro2lite but it’s so easy to reapply the durability comes in second to ease of use.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Thread Information