Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products

Hi All,
    In a recent thread (CarPro Reload alternatives), we had put together a list of some (not all) of the different SiO2 Sprays, in an attempt to categorize them into "Coating/SiO2 lite" sprays and "Coating/SiO2 maintenance" sprays.

The purpose of doing this? I`m not a coating guy because I like playing with different LSPs and toppers and I like a twice yearly polishing. However, I do enjoy using the Coating/SiO2 sprays that have surged into the market. Because there have been so many new Coating/SiO2 sprays coming out recently, I was trying to gather which ones were short term gloss enhancers perhaps better suited as toppers (lasting weeks or a few months as standalone) to which ones could be used as a long term LSP (we`ll say 5-6 months or more) if the user desired so. I figured maybe some newcomers who are confused by all these products might want to see this type of list.

The list had to establish some boundaries or else it would get out of control, so I stuck to non-scientific combination of the following "rules":

1) Only sprays that are wipe on, wipe off / walk away per normal directions.
    • NOT included:
      • AIOs/Primers (CP Essence, BF Pro Primer),
      • Spray and Rinse products (CP Hydro2, MK37 Hydro Blue, Megs HCW, etc.),
      • Low durability gloss SiO2 QDs and WWs (PBL QD, Ech2O, PA Sprayduster Active, etc.).
      • Traditional coatings,
      • hybrid coating waxes/sealants

2) Marketed/intended as a topper for coatings OR as a standalone short-term coating (or both)
    3) Typically contain one or some combo of SiO2, TiO2, siloxane or silane.

Once making the list, each spray is put into a subcategory of
    • Coating Lite (standalone durability typically 5-6+ months in mild environment), or
    • Coating Maintenance Sprays (standalone durability typically less than 5 months in mild environment).

NOTE:
    Sonax PNS and BSD were previously not included based on #3, but have since been added on the basis of #1 and #2, as they exhibit short term spray coating properties.

Below is the list, as constructed with help from forum members, and likely to be modified further as new products and different opinions are an inevitable change driver for the future. Thanks for reading, any and all suggestions will be considered and hopefully this helps sort out some questions for newcomers (or maybe I`m the only one who`s into this stuff).

Coating Lites:
    Gyeon CanCoat
    TAC Moonlight
    IGL Premier
    Kamikaze Overcoat
    PA Viking Spritz
    PA Cosmic Spritz
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Coating Maintenance Sprays:
    22ple VS1 Final Coat
    Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant
    PA High Gloss
    PA Carnauba Arts sprays (contains carnauba)
    PA Rapidwaxx (contains carnauba)
    PA Presto (contains carnauba)
    TAC Quartzmax
    CarPro Reload
    CarPro Elixir
    Gtechniq C2V2
    Hydrosilex Recharge
    Mckees 10 Minute Paint Sealant
    Blackfire SiO2 Spray
    Wolfgang SiO2 Spray
    Pinnacle SiO2 Spray
    Mothers CMX
    Blackfire Coating Booster
    PBL Coating Booster
    Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
    Likes SWETM, Dan, 392hemi, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products

If CarPro Reload makes the list, DPC Armor should be on it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Good list
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes DPC armor, (loach’s) review makes me think topper at best.

Dr Beasley’s plasma coat says it’s a coating but if you look how they recommend, it can be used on top of their standard ceramic coat or as one year stand alone. It is buff in buff off more like a wax. Probably should be coating lite.

Then theirs Dr. B’s AdvanceCoat: gloss and matte. These are ceramic maintenance boosters and not sure if you can use as a stand-alone.

Shine supply Clutch is another. It is a coating topper although it says will give upto 6 months durability paired with their slick back polish (think CP essence). It’s sio2 percentage is around 10% and one of the few sio2 sprays that mention sio2 content and almost double most toppers.(kudos Shine Supply).

Surf city garage speed shield. Had a bottle, nice stand alone. Manufacturer states durability as “months” although marketed as stand alone would put in CMX category.

Adams ceramic boost (topper/sealant) as well as their coating lite.

Drive is a company out of Texas that has been mentioned by some you tube detailers and the offer their hybrid nano ceramic titanium spray coating (coating lite) and also their ceramic rejuvenator (topper/sealant). Would be interested in their lite product as it has tio2 in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks acuRAS82, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great list and well done. Easy to you to edit the list as products comes up.

And for you that recommend products. Try to have used them or it`s a real world knowledge about the durability. As for an example Reload claims to last around 6 months. And that`s is very few if any that have reached that longevity from it.

It`s strange with the amount of SiO2 and TiO2 and transfer that to longevity from them. I can say most of the Polish Angel products goes by far over 10% and often with both SiO2 and TiO2 in them. Also you can find the SDS that support those claims. What I have been thinking about the concentration is also if how much build up you get or if you stretch the product with less amount needed to apply. If I`m not wrong DPC Armor with 10% SiO2 gets around 3-4 months longevity. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz has 35% SiO2 and 35% TiO2 in it. It claims up to 7 months longevity but most gets less than that. Rapidwaxx has 30% SiO2 and 30% TiO2 in it and most gets around 2-4 months longevity from it. High Gloss is 5% SiO2 and whooping 80% TiO2. All can be find in the SDS of PA products. What is known is that very little product is necessary to when applyied.

Angelwax ti-22 sealant is a titanium based sealant with a longevity of 4-6 months.
    Angelwax Enigma QED is a ceramic infused spray wax. With a longevity for me around 3-4 months. Really a great product if someone is interested to try something new. Enigma line has a ceramic infused wax and a ceramic infused AIO and a ceramic infused car soap and the QED. All with a hint of a carnuaba glow look and candy gloss from ceramic coating.
    Thanks acuRAS82, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Coating Lites:
    Gyeon CanCoat
    TAC Moonlight
    IGL Premier
    Kamikaze Overcoat
    PA Viking Spritz
    PA Cosmic Spritz
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Angelwax TI-22 (avg. durability unconfirmed)(

Coating Maintenance Sprays:
    22ple VS1 Final Coat
    Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant
    PA High Gloss
    PA Carnauba Arts sprays (contains carnauba)
    PA Rapidwaxx (contains carnauba)
    PA Presto (contains carnauba)
    TAC Quartzmax
    CarPro Reload
    CarPro Elixir
    Gtechniq C2V2
    Hydrosilex Recharge
    Mckees 10 Minute Paint Sealant
    Blackfire SiO2 Spray
    Wolfgang SiO2 Spray
    Pinnacle SiO2 Spray
    Mothers CMX
    Blackfire Coating Booster
    PBL Coating Booster
    Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
    Shine Supply Clutch
    Adam`s Ceramic Spray Coating (avg. durability unconfirmed)
    Adam`s Ceramic Boost

DPC Armor
    Dr. Beasley`s AdvanceCoat: Gloss
    Surf City Garage Speed Shield
    Angelwax Enigma QED
    Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant (avg. durability unconfirmed)
    Updates above in red based on comments (I didn`t want to update the OP to maintain original history). I left the Dr. Beasley Plasma Coat suggestion out since its not a spray. I`m also leaving the matte`s out of this list for now to avoid tedious searches/duplication. I added Britemax as I recalled they had one. I`ll hold off on the Texas stuff for now until I learn further info on these. NOTE: Anyone can feel free to add what they want to this or any other list... we do this for fun.

NOTE: I`m hoping that the `Facebook sprays` don`t start getting recommended because this may water down the list, but I would have trouble giving an excuse to not include them based on the 3 rules/criteria. Things like these flying around the mainstream internet that generally are not used by our Autopia/AG audience I hope to leave off this list (but we`ll see where that goes).
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yes DPC armor, (loach’s) review makes me think topper at best.

Dr Beasley’s plasma coat says it’s a coating but if you look how they recommend, it can be used on top of their standard ceramic coat or as one year stand alone. It is buff in buff off more like a wax. Probably should be coating lite.

Then theirs Dr. B’s AdvanceCoat: gloss and matte. These are ceramic maintenance boosters and not sure if you can use as a stand-alone.

Shine supply Clutch is another. It is a coating topper although it says will give upto 6 months durability paired with their slick back polish (think CP essence). It’s sio2 percentage is around 10% and one of the few sio2 sprays that mention sio2 content and almost double most toppers.(kudos Shine Supply).

Surf city garage speed shield. Had a bottle, nice stand alone. Manufacturer states durability as “months” although marketed as stand alone would put in CMX category.

Adams ceramic boost (topper/sealant) as well as their coating lite.

Drive is a company out of Texas that has been mentioned by some you tube detailers and the offer their hybrid nano ceramic titanium spray coating (coating lite) and also their ceramic rejuvenator (topper/sealant). Would be interested in their lite product as it has tio2 in it.

DPC ARMOR, my experience with the product has been limited to certain panels on a couple vehicles as I am trying to use up my bottle of Reload. But I can say that both of these vehicles have Reload on one panel and ARMOR on another. ARMOR produces a higher shine and more gloss, self cleans much more effectively and it doesn`t wash off during a maintenance wash. I applied ARMOR and Reload to panels that had been washed with Purple Power Boat & RV and prepped with Rustoleum Grease and Wax Remover, and left to cure before being exposed to mother nature. ARMOR and Reload were applied at the same time. ARMOR is also tremendously more slick than Reload, the towel simply glides over the paint.

Regarding HCW vs. ARMOR, Apex Detail produced a pretty good video series including CMX. In his test, ARMOR came out on top, but thats also his test. Scott, the creator of ARMOR also released a pretty good video within the last two weeks regarding ARMOR`s durability, it was pretty impressive.

Regarding Drive Auto Appearance Products, I have used five of Cam`s products, the Correction Polish, Victory Nano Polish & Seal, Ceramic Polish, Evo Shine Tire Dressing, and the Ceramic Rejuvenator.
    Correction polish compared to Griots CC doesn`t cut as well and finishes no where near as well on the hardest of paints, left abrasive scouring compared to CC and even doesn`t finish down as well as M101.
    Ceramic Polish doesn`t cut as well as CarPro Essence and finishes no where near as well as Essence.
    Evo Tire Dressing simply creates way too much shine for me and I just don`t like using it, but I will use up the product because I won`t waste it.
    Ceramic Rejuvenator, on a prepped panel I got two weeks of durability in context of water behavior, shine and gloss was there and faded out after the third wash.
    Victory Nano Polish & Seal is a winner on harder paints, super easy to use, effective at defect removal, and meets the claim of 3-4 months of protection.
    Drive`s products have just left me with a lot to be desired, maybe I used some incorrectly, who knows. The only product I would buy again is the Victory Nano Polish & Seal. Drive`s products are competitively priced but for a little more money or a little less money, I can buy better products.
    Thanks Oneheadlite, acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

**** And now I notice note #3 and see that you do have that noted.....

Neither of the Sonax products you have listed are Sio2 based. They are both polymer sealants.

• Sonax Polymer Net Shield
    • Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

But they do have a Ceramic Coating

• SONAX CC36 Ceramic Coating

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...l#.XJ4gX5hKiUk

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

**** And now I notice note #3 and see that you do have that noted.....

Neither of the Sonax products you have listed are Sio2 based. They are both polymer sealants.

• Sonax Polymer Net Shield
    • Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

But they do have a Ceramic Coating

• SONAX CC36 Ceramic Coating

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...l#.XJ4gX5hKiUk

These were tricky. I didn’t include CC36 because it’s traditional application, but I do consider it a coating regardless of what is in it (but I assume it has ceramic properties) due to longevity, behavior and application. PNS and BSD are said to share similar ingredients, but not ceramic / criteria #3 ingredients. In fact I don’t know what’s in them besides “polymers” but not #3s.

As mentioned, I left them off my original list but cut them in last night due to the human factor: it just felt right to include them, albeit with an invisible asterisk for not meeting #3.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    And for you that recommend products. Try to have used them or it`s a real world knowledge about the durability. As for an example Reload claims to last around 6 months. And that`s is very few if any that have reached that longevity from it.
    This is an excellent point from SWETM, and it has driven the selection of which products go in which subcategory (and sometimes I make assumptions with notes in parenthesis). Thanks Tony.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Adams 9H Ceramic should not be on the coating lite list. It is a topper at best.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    Adams 9H Ceramic should not be on the coating lite list. It is a topper at best.
    Noted, and I should have assumed that. Post #6 updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that it matters I guess but personally I`d put the below three in the Coating Maintenance Spray area. While they can be used as stand-alone, they were originally more focused on maintaining coatings. I kinda consider the `coating-lite` standard as Gyeon CanCoat and in my experience, none of the below 3 can match CanCoat longevity.

Kamikaze Overcoat
    PA Viking Spritz
    PA Cosmic Spritz

Just a thought...
    Likes The Guz, RMD, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Not that it matters I guess but personally I`d put the below three in the Coating Maintenance Spray area. While they can be used as stand-alone, they were originally more focused on maintaining coatings. I kinda consider the `coating-lite` standard as Gyeon CanCoat and in my experience, none of the below 3 can match CanCoat longevity.

Kamikaze Overcoat
    PA Viking Spritz
    PA Cosmic Spritz

Just a thought...
    And it’s a great thought. These 3 went back and forth in the original thread. I started them as coating light “grey area”. You commented similar to this and I moved it down to maintenance. It got moved back into coating lite territory when rlm gave his belief that they would all three meet the 6 month avg durability as standalone criteria. Average durability itself has a lot of leeway around it, but I found that enough at the time.

One thing to note, I eventually backed off the idea of whether it was intended as standalone or as a coating topper impacting which subcategory it ended up in. As long as a given spray was coating-esque and meant for either application (criteria/rule 2) I included them in a subcategory depending on standalone durability. I had to make these fake rules up for consistency and apples-to-apples product comparison even though we all know they weren’t created equal or for identical purposes.

As far as the legend of CanCoat... I didn’t make that the coating lite cutoff because it may have little to no competition. I used the real world avg duration of 5-6 months plus to mimic that this product is as durable as your classic good Sealant and something you would only need to apply twice a year if it was your one and only LSP. Seemed like a good cutoff timeframe. I have no doubt that CanCoat may be the original and in numerous ways, best coating lite. I just didn’t intend it being the boundary line... I’ll consistently see it more of the champion or top-three of the coating lites.

With all this said, and with your vast experience of trying toppers, Budget, do you believe that using PA Cosmic/Viking or Overcoat as a standalone would yield 5-6 months durability in an Ohio late spring through fall environment? If so, I would consider it belonging in the list based on criteria 2. If not, maybe these are really close to grey area between subcategories, or maybe they absolutely belong in maintenance sprays.

The grey area ones are tough and since different results from different people in different environments will vary, we’ll just try our best to get the subcategory right-ish.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams 9h is a coating lite.... marketed that way. Just cuz it sucks (personally haven’t tried it and internet torture test are wack) or a couple of not real world test says so. If things were not on the list because their not up to snuff.... reload and cure should be downgraded to QD. Application and effects definetly make it a coating lite

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information