Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think most would consider ceramic sprays as a subset of SiO2 sealants. The sprays highlighted in this thread are not pure ceramic coating ingredients, they are mixed with polymers and different levels of SiO2. This gives them their easy application. Basically SiO2-infused spray sealants.

Other SiO2 sealants include thick liquids such as Wolfgang SiO2 a Paint Sealant and Meguiar’s Hybrid Liquid Ceramic Wax. There are also SiO2 pastes such as DP Not Your Father’s SiO2 Paste Wax (as well as many others that also have carnauba included with the polymers and SiO2). These types do not apply as quickly, but have their own application advantages such as wipe off with no high spots.
    Right on. Thanks for info. Im tryna figure out all this stuff so i appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikem3574 View Post
    Right on. Thanks for info. Im tryna figure out all this stuff so i appreciate it.
    No problem! There’s so many things out there these days. Ask away, anytime!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Other SiO2 sealants include thick liquids such as Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant and Meguiar’s Hybrid Liquid Ceramic Wax. There are also SiO2 pastes such as DP Not Your Father’s SiO2 Paste Wax (as well as many others that also have carnauba included with the polymers and SiO2). These types do not apply as quickly, but have their own application advantages such as wipe off with no high spots.
    Products that are *NOT* finicky with regard to high-spots/etc. *are* of interest to me!

Not that I`m looking to replace my FK1000P (no matter how badly its faring in your test Hey..kinda just kidding..) but I am keeping an open mind about this New Shiny Thing that is ceramics/SiO2/new-to-me LSP stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Products that are *NOT* finicky with regard to high-spots/etc. *are* of interest to me!

Not that I`m looking to replace my FK1000P (no matter how badly its faring in your test Hey..kinda just kidding..) but I am keeping an open mind about this New Shiny Thing that is ceramics/SiO2/new-to-me LSP stuff.
    I deserve any flak about FK performance, it’s my test and not the first time something didn’t test the way I expected while the forum world is watching. And it doesn’t bother me, promise. I’ll redeem myself with a future FK test.

Anyways, you would like the ceramic waxes or WG SiO2 Sealant *if* you venture for something new to try. No chance of high spots. Anything you find later will wipe off like a traditional wax would.

Actually, you would have no problem with most sprays in this thread. But I know your concern is missing a high spot due to lighting or whatever and finding later. The stronger sprays in this thread still run that risk. I have 2-3 spots from CanCoat on my wife’s car that are legitimate and can only be polished. I do most my applications in my somewhat poorly lit garage at night. Polish Angel is very easy to apply but I have missed spots before and they will leave high spots if you miss, even if the spots you don’t miss are wiping off easily.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information