Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products

Update list
    Puris
    -YWAX and ANO from same company
    -Microdetailer has several and has most ceramic product I have ever seen by one company very unique stuff here
    -majestic has 1 year coating and great stuff
    -clear finish has 1 year
    -carbright has one year
    -Malco has 1 year
    -Einstein ceramic has a spray coating that you mix in a Hardener and an optically clear ceramic wax very unique -
    -ceramic pro sport
    -SB3 has a 1 year coating
    -Nano Tech has a spray solvent coating and they have and coating like opti coat 2.0 called Si Carbide
    -Kisho Japanese coatings are best valued pro coating very hard to apply 901 but it’s a beast and self heals $12 for 50mls
    check those some 1 off stuff in the list u guys probably haven’t heard of.
    -concours nova jet, luster, and forget name of the other one from the land down under
    the most hydrophobic product I have ever used is soft99 water Block wax even better than fusso
    I’ll think of some more and try to post
    -Fictech has 1 year spray also
    -Opti hyperseal
    -RENEW PROTECT has 3, glas-6month, glas1-1 year, glas2-2year.
    -permanon (they created C2V3 for Gtechniq)
    -QP-ON
    -Aquartz (this company do not like CQuartz kinda had a beef with them made so strong allegations against) has spray coating based on titanium they also have Hardener that mixes in I use this on metal and it probably best metal coating avab.
    -Nasiol from turkey has solvent based spray coating.
    -Max protect I think still offers coating they are cool they offer SIO2 and a nano rubber coating called R1 and R1.5 they are rubber based coating for paint. They went off in a new direction with the rubber based.
    -C.A.R has 2 SIO2 coating that last 2 years that are spray ons like can coat
    -Liquid Armour.

Post Thanks / Like

What about Technitions Choice Ceramic spray ,the pink one that dealers use on new cars. Also Turtle wax Seal and Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would see Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax but maybe it fails one of the rules?

Post Thanks / Like

The micro detailer dude make new products almost weekly it’s crazy he must have created at least 30 ceramic solvent based coating made in USA. Maybe we should start a crowd fund so budgetplan1 can try them and write up a review he is the Anthony Bourdain of Detailing (excluding the chewing and munching on mouthfuls of Narcotics and washing them down with sprits)
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I thought I would see Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax but maybe it fails one of the rules?
    The spray and rinse products were omitted in the list. The list was set up as spray and wipe SiO2s that do not include real coatings.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fictech has 1 year spray also
    Opti hyperseal
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update list
    Tough crowd here no likes or messages
    Puris
    -Microdetailer has several and has most ceramic product I have ever seen by one company very unique stuff here
    -clear finish has 1 year-carbright has one year
    -Malco has 1 year
    -Einstein ceramic has a spray coating that you mix in a Hardener and an optically clear ceramic wax very unique -
    -ceramic pro sport
    -Nano Tech has a spray solvent coating and they have and coating like opti coat 2.0 called Si Carbide
    -Kisho Japanese coatings are best valued pro coating very hard to apply 901 but it’s a beast and self heals $12 for 50mls
    -concours nova jet, luster, and forget name of the other one from the land down under. They are going to soon be launching international as NV coatings they are ties with cquartz as best over all coating performance.
    the most hydrophobic product I have ever used is soft99 water Block wax even better than fusso
    -Opti hyperseal
    -QP-ON
    -Aquartz (this company do not like CQuartz kinda had a beef with them made so strong allegations against) I love cquartz and would take it any day over aquartz. Aquartz has spray coating based on titanium they also have Hardener that mixes in I use this on metal and it probably best metal coating avab.
    -Max protect I think still offers coating they are cool they offer SIO2 and a nano rubber coating called R1 and R1.5 they are rubber based coating for paint. They went off in a new direction with the rubber based.
    -Liquid Armour.
    -Kisho-Top24 is a Reload type
    -Sensha-Fine Crystal
    -Modesta has the spray coating forgot the name maybe blast or shot
    -22PLE has the finiture spray
    -waxedshine has Aquaboost.
    -Kochchemi has the spray coating you apply with a DA.
    -gloss it has 1 year spray coating
    -CNS coatings of South Korea offers Body guard, Queen and King ceramic.
    - Scorpion Coating has 1 spray USA made.
    -crystal palace has an aerosol like 1st version of gyeon can coat.
    -soft99 triz, H7 1 year glass coating, smooth egg.
    -nanoskin’s ceramic is spray I think or maybe the spray is windshield
    - Garry Dean- Infinity diamond shield which is discontinued, One system is spray ceramic acrylic super solider or what every he says
    -Pearl Nano is working on a 1 year spray coating.
    I actually made a list 1 time of all ceramic products I at moment can’t find I was up in the in the 90’s with coating and that was about a year ago if I find it I’ll post it
    Likes Mary B, rlmccarty2000, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great list and well done. Easy to you to edit the list as products comes up.

And for you that recommend products. Try to have used them or it`s a real world knowledge about the durability. As for an example Reload claims to last around 6 months. And that`s is very few if any that have reached that longevity from it.

It`s strange with the amount of SiO2 and TiO2 and transfer that to longevity from them. I can say most of the Polish Angel products goes by far over 10% and often with both SiO2 and TiO2 in them. Also you can find the SDS that support those claims. What I have been thinking about the concentration is also if how much build up you get or if you stretch the product with less amount needed to apply. If I`m not wrong DPC Armor with 10% SiO2 gets around 3-4 months longevity. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz has 35% SiO2 and 35% TiO2 in it. It claims up to 7 months longevity but most gets less than that. Rapidwaxx has 30% SiO2 and 30% TiO2 in it and most gets around 2-4 months longevity from it. High Gloss is 5% SiO2 and whooping 80% TiO2. All can be find in the SDS of PA products. What is known is that very little product is necessary to when applyied.

Angelwax ti-22 sealant is a titanium based sealant with a longevity of 4-6 months.
    Angelwax Enigma QED is a ceramic infused spray wax. With a longevity for me around 3-4 months. Really a great product if someone is interested to try something new. Enigma line has a ceramic infused wax and a ceramic infused AIO and a ceramic infused car soap and the QED. All with a hint of a carnuaba glow look and candy gloss from ceramic coating.
    Regarding Polish Angel SiO2/TiO2 content, if you check the CAS No. from the SDS sheets of Cosmis Spritz or RapidWaxx for example, they are powders. Unless they use some carrier which can turn the powder into liquid and then back into a solid on the paint it will never have the durability. Probably the durability is low because the SiO2/TiO2 is carrier on the paint as powder and as soon as the carrier degrades, there is no longer a bond between the paint and the SiO2/TiO2 powder.
    At those concentrations it should really crystallize fast in the bottle if left slightly open, which I`ve never heard. CQUK is ~70% SiO2...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Update list
    Puris
    -Malco has 1 year
    -ceramic pro sport
    -concours nova jet, luster, and forget name of the other one from the land down under. They are going to soon be launching international as NV coatings they are ties with cquartz as best over all coating performance.
    -Opti hyperseal
    -QP-ON
    -Aquartz (this company do not like CQuartz kinda had a beef with them made so strong allegations against) I love cquartz and would take it any day over aquartz. Aquartz has spray coating based on titanium they also have Hardener that mixes in I use this on metal and it probably best metal coating avab.
    -Liquid Armour.
    -Sensha-Fine Crystal
    - Garry Dean- Infinity diamond shield which is discontinued, One system is spray ceramic acrylic super solider or what every he says
    I actually made a list 1 time of all ceramic products I at moment can’t find I was up in the in the 90’s with coating and that was about a year ago if I find it I’ll post it
    I’ll second the statement about Kisho being hard to apply. Just skip the brand. High spot city. It was humid when I applied it and it is the hardest coating I have applied, after 24 hours I had to use a compound and microfiber pad to remove. After it cures I have no idea how to remove it. The applicator was stone hard after a few days.

Nice list. Many brands I have never heard of. I’ve got one called Obsidian Elite from Eastern Europe. They have a coating and a booster spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonipieleanu View Post
    Regarding Polish Angel SiO2/TiO2 content, if you check the CAS No. from the SDS sheets of Cosmis Spritz or RapidWaxx for example, they are powders. Unless they use some carrier which can turn the powder into liquid and then back into a solid on the paint it will never have the durability. Probably the durability is low because the SiO2/TiO2 is carrier on the paint as powder and as soon as the carrier degrades, there is no longer a bond between the paint and the SiO2/TiO2 powder.
    At those concentrations it should really crystallize fast in the bottle if left slightly open, which I`ve never heard. CQUK is ~70% SiO2...
    Makes sense. But don`t most spray on wipe off coating products use the powder SiO2 and TiO2? That`s the problem that the liquid SiO2 is hard to have in anything without solvents as a carrier. Like Tac System Moonlight could have the liquid kind. Maybe the Gyeon CanCoat as in the way it`s bottled. That`s seems to be another tell in how it`s bottled. The solid liquid SiO2 is needed to be bottled in glass or aluminum ones. Not hundred sure about that though as you don`t know who to trust on those that`s writes about it LOL.

And SiO2 on it self is not extremly hydrophobic if I have gathered that right. And needs to be blended with another chemical to create a higher hydrophobic layer on top of it when cured. It can be that they use the molecules in the carrier to create this and maybe something else. I just don`t think that the amount of SiO2 and TiO2 in a product is a tell on the longevity from it. It`s more on how thick and or strong it can be layered and bonded to the paint. With the other chemicals that is in the blend how thick and hard bonding that mix is able to be doing. Then with what quality of the SiO2 and TiO2 in pureness has a part too. So there are so many variables what makes it to last long on the paint that the amounts is almost secondary. And is almost impossible to get a guess as a consumer on how long longevity from it you are going to be expecting. There you have the companies claims to be judging it from. Or is there Cas nr to look for in the SDS to get a know if it`s the real deal or not just a little amount of SiO2 where they use silicone oil to get the hydrophobic caractics from?

It`s an interesting discussion for sure. But many times it`s the trial and error and shared experience of products that we have to go on.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Update list
    Puris
    -Malco has 1 year
    -ceramic pro sport
    -Opti hyperseal
    -QP-ON
    -Liquid Armour.
    -Sensha-Fine Crystal
    MGaven, i.e. William Wallace. Didn’t intend to ignore you, I just haven’t heard of almost any of these. Are they all spray on wipe offs that are meant as coating lites or maintenances? Looks like maybe some of them are more traditional coating lites (like CQUARTZ Lite) that apply more traditionally? I could be wrong though since they are all new to me, I haven’t looked them up.

Thanks throwing in all these choices!

Post Thanks / Like

The majority 80% of those mentions are spray on lite coatings or lite coating applied normally I have a big list of traditional coatings lasting over a year but can’t see to find at moment. I usually categorize 2 ways protection that lasts up to 1 year (lite ceramic someone on here coined that phrase so I use that) and a second group more durable group that’s harder to apply that last more than a year either by manufacturers claims or detailing experience either by myself or another. To me anything that can stay on your car for a year or longer on a daily non garaged vehicle impresses me

I also throw the tough crowd bit in to see if mods were actually posting my remarks. I put the list up so ppl can try and post reviews.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Biotech- spray on type, names-bio beads
    Alway Dry- spray type named lightcoat
    tantacoat- spray type name Aladdin’s Double shield
    carbon collective- spray coating reload type
    Kisho- spray type name top-24

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between an Si02 sealent and an Si02 ceramic coat spray? If any....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikem3574 View Post
    What is the difference between an Si02 sealent and an Si02 ceramic coat spray? If any....
    I think most would consider ceramic sprays as a subset of SiO2 sealants. The sprays highlighted in this thread are not pure ceramic coating ingredients, they are mixed with polymers and different levels of SiO2. This gives them their easy application. Basically SiO2-infused spray sealants.

Other SiO2 sealants include thick liquids such as Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant and Meguiar’s Hybrid Liquid Ceramic Wax. There are also SiO2 pastes such as DP Not Your Father’s SiO2 Paste Wax (as well as many others that also have carnauba included with the polymers and SiO2). These types do not apply as quickly, but have their own application advantages such as wipe off with no high spots.
    Thanks Mikem3574 thanked for this post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information