Post Thanks / Like

Soooo, I did a quick wash today

With the winter upon us (NE NJ) and the temps down for quite some time, I was thinking about maybe a touchless wash just to get that old snow, salt and dirt off my Allroad. Low and behold, it was sunny and in the high 40`s, so I grabbed my bucket filled it with warm water and poured in my usual s/b - Ultima WW and away I went, soaking that sponge. Flooded each section and wiped dry - using my GG PFM`s. Now in the mid fall, I bought some HydroSilex Marine spray sealant and applied it on my car as well as my wife`s 2006 Outback. Between the UWW and that Hydrosilex that salt/dirt came off quickly with no real rubbing. Quick drying with the PFM`s and my Allroad looks fantastic. There`s something about doing a detail on a way dirty car with the proper equipment on hand and seeing the results within a half hour. There may be other - better products out there, but I`m a happy camper with all 3 - UWW, HydroSilex Marine and of course those PFM`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soooo, I did a quick wash today

Never tried ultima as I am satisfied with Ech20 and although expensive ammo frothe is the bomb! Don’t know if theirs a difference from marine and regular but hydrosilex has been awesome in the northwest snow and rain. Definitely out lasted my expectations . PFM’s.... between those and the RC Everest’s 800, ruined for all other towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soooo, I did a quick wash today

The HS Marine is supposed to last longer/offer more protection - I am satisfied for sure.I even use it in the kitchen on some cabinets. Love the PFM`s - although I have one Adams MF that;s right up there. I also did a quick interior detail. Gotta say that there`s something therapeutic about getting outside on a nice day and detailing your car - especially in midwinter with all that salt/dirt clinging on.

Thread Information