Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting with brand new leather

In my 1998 BMW 328i Sedan I did the full leatherique treatment and just kept up with it with pristine clean about once a month and the leather was always nice and clean. in our 2018 silverado and 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL-P R Line I have just been wiping the leather down regularly with pristine clean after a vac to clear any loose dirt. really happy with the results of the leatherique. I also have the windows tinted and use sun shades to help keep the UV at bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I gather the Manuals have come a long way from the [nonsense] that`s in some of mine..that`s good news if people really will RTFM..
    By the way, RTFM means "Read The F***ing Manual". No, it is not in the Autopian Acronym Decoder List.
    (Yes, it is vulgar and socially incorrect for my posting that interpretation; sorry to offend some of my fellow Autopians! But then when young people are allowed to wear LMFAO Tour T-shirts to public schools and not have to remove them because they off me (which it does!), where do you draw the line... Just sayin`!)

Someday, someone is going to get around to updating that Acronym Decoder List. I think someone started a thread for suggestions of newer Acronyms to add to this list, but that was some time ago. (Like LT-DA for Long-Throw Dual-Action polishing machines of the 15mm and 21mm orbital throws, or LATA for L.A. Totally Awesome all-purpose cleaner that you can buy at the dollar stores)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    By the way, RTFM means "Read The F***ing Manual". No, it is not in the Autopian Acronym Decoder List.
    (Yes, it is vulgar and socially incorrect for my posting that interpretation; sorry to offend some of my fellow Autopians! But then when young people are allowed to wear LMFAO Tour T-shirts to public schools and not have to remove them because they off me (which it does!), where do you draw the line... Just sayin`!)

Someday, someone is going to get around to updating that Acronym Decoder List. I think someone started a thread for suggestions of newer Acronyms to add to this list, but that was some time ago. (Like LT-DA for Long-Throw Dual-Action polishing machines of the 15mm and 21mm orbital throws, or LATA for L.A. Totally Awesome all-purpose cleaner that you can buy at the dollar stores)
    Lol... yeah I asked what LATA was in another thread and when someone told m I thought they were F’ing with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2000 Trans Am with leather seats. The leather is coated and really feels more like cardboard than nice soft leather. Over the years I`ve used Mothers and Zaino leather cleaners and conditioners. The seats aren`t cracked at 19 years of age. I did replace one seat bottom due to splitting it by placing my full body weight on my knee on the seat in sub freezing temps.

I`ve seen some real King Leather seats that look like crap from not being taken care of. Coated leather is much easier to live with in a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    Recently installed a Katzkin leather kit onto the seats for my RAM 1500. The seats have not been re-installed, they are sitting in my basement and probably will be for a while (freakin cold weather!)

While they sit there I was curious....now is probably as good a time as any to apply a product to them.

What does everyone suggest? I figure a quick wipedown with water just to make sure everything is off them (shouldnt be much, they came out of plastic and onto the seats). I haven`t verified but Im guessing they are coated, so we could fire up the great debate about "why even bother" all the way up to "Leatherique is the best".

My truck will be sitting outside 24/7 so I wanted to make sure the leather is protected from day 1.

Thanks!

-Chris
    Did you ever use the Leathershield? I got a car that has Katzkins installed and thinking about coating with Leathershield I already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    When I got a new car with leather interior, went over seats with Gyeon Leather Shield. 18 months/32k miles later have been pleased with its performance.
    I have an oddball question, would you use it on a leather apron? I`m about to buy one for BBQ`ing and I want to try and keep it looking nice. I was thinking of maybe using a coating on it, and the 1st person who came to mind was you lol. The apron I`m looking at is Brazilian top grain leather and it`ll be a lot softer than automotive stuff. I`d like for it to be protected, but still stay soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I have an oddball question, would you use it on a leather apron? I`m about to buy one for BBQ`ing and I want to try and keep it looking nice. I was thinking of maybe using a coating on it, and the 1st person who came to mind was you lol. The apron I`m looking at is Brazilian top grain leather and it`ll be a lot softer than automotive stuff. I`d like for it to be protected, but still stay soft.
    I`m afraid I got nuthin` on this one. Kinda curious though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information