Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for new Black Bimmer 750i

Finally got back into this Forum after long absence. Just purchased a new CPO 2016 Bimmer 750i in metallic black. Vehicle is in great shape and has some very minor swirls. Living in West Michigan I am looking to get thru winter before doing the correction.

Looking to get a detailing spray you all recommend for this black beauty? I currently have Chemicals Guys Hybrid V07 (yes, I know it maybe old and not the best). Thoughts on this or something better out there.

Microfiber Towels - family got ahold of these and love them. Need to order more - recommendations on best place to purchase. I used to have multiple colors to help with different use.

Drying Towels - Suggestions and where to buy

So glad to be back and learn from all you experts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for new Black Bimmer 750i

I highly recommend Griot’s Best of Show spray wax to get you thru until correction. Drying towel, Griot’s PFM drying towel. Best I’ve ever used! Towels, Griot’s has a nice selection as does the Rag company.
    Likes Marine Clerk, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I highly recommend Griot’s Best of Show spray wax to get you thru until correction. Drying towel, Griot’s PFM drying towel. Best I’ve ever used! Towels, Griot’s has a nice selection as does the Rag company.
    Second griots and rag company. Can get Griots stuff on Autogeek with discount code. Their speed shine is good too. Are you going to have your car coated? If so carpros elixir is awesome stuff. Carpros ech20 is what I use, concentrate so mix your own. Super glossy and can be used as a rinseless wash. Folks here seem to love P&S beadmaker. Real slick? It’s popular to mix with your V07 over the pond. All can be gotten from Autogeek with exception of rag company MF. In really like their creature edgeless and Everest 800’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax might be another option. It lasts a couple weeks per application, inexpensive, and can be found in lots of stores.

Another option is if you know what you`re going to use an the LSP and then simply pick up a complementary spray-wax. It seems almost every vendors has a "topper" product to go along with their main sealant/coating offerings which should also work as a stop-gap solution. This way you don`t have something else laying around your garage which you may never use again once you`ve had time to properly stock up.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Without knowing which LSP you are going to use I would use IGL Ecocoat Premier for a very long lasting topper or something a little less expensive, Sonax BSD. You can even mix Sonax BSD 50/50 with V07 to make a slick long lasting detail spray. I would buy The Rag Company Pluffles. Pluffles are my favorite towel to do just about everything including drying and waterless washing. Buy more than you think you will need because you will,really like them.
    Likes SWETM, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. Just getting back into this forum and getting used to navigating around. Were would I go about looking to purchase the Rag Company Pluffles? I am gonna purchase the 2 pack of the PFM towels to try out.

What MF towels are the goto everyone recommends using. My supply has greatly been depleted by the family.

Post Thanks / Like

@Coatings=Cracks - what do you mean have your car coated. When I purchased from the dealer as CPO they added something to the paint called Paint Guard that was an auto add/charge. This paint Guard comes with Limited Warranty against: Bird Droppings, tree sap, oxidation, chemical staining and weather induced fading, chalking or loss of gloss. It has a nice gloss, slick feel to it. However, I can see some minor swirl marks and wonder if having it detailed that this will void their LIMITED Warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackM45x View Post
    @Coatings=Cracks - what do you mean have your car coated. When I purchased from the dealer as CPO they added something to the paint called Paint Guard that was an auto add/charge. This paint Guard comes with Limited Warranty against: Bird Droppings, tree sap, oxidation, chemical staining and weather induced fading, chalking or loss of gloss. It has a nice gloss, slick feel to it. However, I can see some minor swirl marks and wonder if having it detailed that this will void their LIMITED Warranty.
    Coatings=crack is referring to a Ceramic Coating/ Glass Coating which is more of a semi permanent type of protection which can last 2 to 5 years depending on the type of coating and maintenance. Unfortunately the dealership products like Paint Guard are usually just a synthetic sealant which last some X amount of months and it needs to be reapplied. It is not a permanent/ long term solution. The car still needs to be maintained/ detailed regularly to keep it clean and keep the protection going. The Paint Guard will not stop swirls/ scratches from improper washing or rock chips etc. Bird droppings, chemicals, sap, bug splatter should always be removed asap as its not going to stop those things from damaging the paint. It just buys you more time to clean it. That is why they offer LIMITED warranties as they know these types of issues can still occur even with the protection they apply.
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackM45x View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Just getting back into this forum and getting used to navigating around. Were would I go about looking to purchase the Rag Company Pluffles? I am gonna purchase the 2 pack of the PFM towels to try out.

What MF towels are the goto everyone recommends using. My supply has greatly been depleted by the family.
    From the rag company I generally like the following:

Paint/ Final Wipe/ Spray Sealant - Eagle Edgless 500GSM - Assortment of colors for different jobs - they are great for final wipes with QD/ application of spray waxes/ sealants.
    Wheels/ Jambs/ Interiors - Eagle Edgless 350GSM - Assortment of colors for different jobs - I get black ones for wheels, tires, wheel wells etc. Grey/ White for interiors. For delicate areas like black gloss trim the Edgless 500 are also nice.
    Glass Cleaning - Premium Glass/ Waffle weave towels - Nice for glass as they do not lint. Also the Griots Garage Glass Dual Weave glass towels from Autopia are also great.
    Rinseless/ Waterless or QD application - Platinum Pluffles - Great for drying and using as rinsless/ waterless wash. They are a hybrid waffle/ microfiber. Also great for QD/ spray wax/sealant application.

The Griots PFM drying towel is definitely amazing and when a sale is on you can get a nice discount on them from Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Coatings=crack is referring to a Ceramic Coating/ Glass Coating which is more of a semi permanent type of protection which can last 2 to 5 years depending on the type of coating and maintenance. Unfortunately the dealership products like Paint Guard are usually just a synthetic sealant which last some X amount of months and it needs to be reapplied. It is not a permanent/ long term solution. The car still needs to be maintained/ detailed regularly to keep it clean and keep the protection going. The Paint Guard will not stop swirls/ scratches from improper washing or rock chips etc. Bird droppings, chemicals, sap, bug splatter should always be removed asap as its not going to stop those things from damaging the paint. It just buys you more time to clean it. That is why they offer LIMITED warranties as they know these types of issues can still occur even with the protection they apply.
    Maybe this

Yeah just a fancy sealant. Read good things and if your not looking to have coated or do yourself. I think these coating lite products (gyeon cancoat, Adams spray coating, or tac systems moonlight) make most sense. Goes on like sealant l, 6-9-12 months of durability. You should check into this if polishing paint. If not verify from dealer it is Ultima paint guard and re apply every 2-6 month depending on veriables. Rag company has own site or their on Jeff bezos’s swap meet.

I have plucked as drying towels not so impressed. Prefer the Everest over these for drying WW and product removal. All good products though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Question, What Does BSD stand for ? Thanks

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjb89 View Post
    Question, What Does BSD stand for ? Thanks
    BSD is this -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sona...l#.XEE4TVWQH3g

DanF

Thread Information