Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please suggest a 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 product for black car that is easy to use without smudges

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Who said anything about about paint so hard it couldn’t be scratched or marred from improper washing??
    Eh, I just didn`t want somebody to think that the diffs in paint hardness might be more significant than they`re been IME. Sorry if I somehow gave offense

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please suggest a 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 product for black car that is easy to use without smudges

I have not done any paint correction on my plastic bumpers (or metal sides) yet. Do I do the plastic at the same speeds with my DA as I did the metal hood and trunk?
    Here is a better picture. I`m sure the black car owners know what a difference various lighting makes in these pics.

https://ibb.co/8mm1qZ6

Post Thanks / Like

Streaking can be due to over application of product (most of the time), products having different synergies, or humidity. Over application and humidity can usually be cured by buffing. If products don’t mesh the only solution is to stop using one of them.

I used 12 different SiO2 sprays on bare paint and had only one problem with streaking. Gyeon Cure gave me problems due to its thickness and I should have applied much less, so really over application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Streaking can be due to over application of product (most of the time), products having different synergies, or humidity. Over application and humidity can usually be cured by buffing. If products don’t mesh the only solution is to stop using one of them.

I used 12 different SiO2 sprays on bare paint and had only one problem with streaking. Gyeon Cure gave me problems due to its thickness and I should have applied much less, so really over application.
    Thank you. Maybe I do use too much product.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much like poor boys always stated if you are getting streaking with spray and wipe you are using too much.

Problem can be though trying to do too much with a detail spray that is streaky if used over concentrated and you may end up not having enough wetness to get the dirt and dust lifted up from the paint.

You can also try to dilute a small amount of detail spray say 2 oz with 2 oz of distilled water and see if that helps.

Could it be stuff on the buffing towel causing the streaks. Some paints just to seem to like a very little product or have to follow with an additional buffing towel

For glaze you can try prima amigo or Adams glaze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes corvetteman71 liked this post
    Thanks corvetteman71 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Pretty much like poor boys always stated if you are getting streaking with spray and wipe you are using too much.

Problem can be though trying to do too much with a detail spray that is streaky if used over concentrated and you may end up not having enough wetness to get the dirt and dust lifted up from the paint.

You can also try to dilute a small amount of detail spray say 2 oz with 2 oz of distilled water and see if that helps.

Could it be stuff on the buffing towel causing the streaks. Some paints just to seem to like a very little product or have to follow with an additional buffing towel

For glaze you can try prima amigo or Adams glaze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you guys are right. I think I was not only using too much spray but also too much polish and wax. I did my sides and bumpers today with polish and wax. I started using less and the job got easier in general. My car is looking good. Not show car quality good but good for the guy down the block who is doing this all with an injured arm. This board has been a great help! 20 years ago I used to be on this board all the time. My original name was the same minus the 71. Seems it did not make the transition. Anyways thanks a bunch to you all! It is nice to be back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information