Post Thanks / Like

Meg`s Ultimate Polish...

Was hoping the combo of polish and glaze would be amazing, but it seemed to be hard to work with, and just did not blow me away. Maybe I am too hopeful? Maybe try a different pad/ method? What do you say?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg`s Ultimate Polish...

Exactly what kind of result are you looking for? What are you trying to correct? Ultimate polish is pretty gentle stuff, beyond some minor hazing, I wouldn’t expect it to correct a whole lot. What pad and machine are you using?
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangustaman View Post
    Was hoping the combo of polish and glaze would be amazing, but it seemed to be hard to work with, and just did not blow me away. Maybe I am too hopeful? Maybe try a different pad/ method? What do you say?
    As Jrock stated, we need details to help out.

Type of car, assuming a Mustang / year / color
    Tool(s) used / Pads used
    Defects attempted to remove (pictures would help)
    How much product used

Just a few questions, I`m sure others will chime in with more and once answered should be able to help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Exactly what kind of result are you looking for? What are you trying to correct? Ultimate polish is pretty gentle stuff, beyond some minor hazing, I wouldn’t expect it to correct a whole lot. What pad and machine are you using?
    If the paint is soft enough, it will correct pretty nicely. I`ve used it with success on Honda`s, Toyota`s, and Subaru`s as a one-step with a white LC polishing pad. Mazda`s seem to be a bit harder and it doesn`t correct quite as well.

One thing I did discover after using Ultimate Polish for several years was it`s doesn`t gloss as well as other competitors. I was attracted to the ease of use and good results on soft paint, but have now moved on to others.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2014 Blk vette, use M205 and like it. I just assumed the UP with the added glaze would offer more gloss, oh well.
    DA with a polishing foam pad, different pad brands. Maybe I will try a stand alone glaze, then a wax, after polishing

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion would be to try a different polish and not mess with the glaze. Get the paint perfect and then add the wax.

GM pain is quite hard isn`t it? If so, you may need something more agressive than 205 or UP. My VW GTI has VERY hard paint and I`ve found a swirl remover/medium polish like the one from Wolfgang or mild compound like Blackfire`s Compound actually work far better than a finishing polish when paired with a medium (LC White) polishing pad. Because the paint is so hard, when you couple the polishing pad with a high quality agressive polish it produces a great finish in only one stip. Try a different brand and type of polish along with different combiniations of polishing pads, i.e. cutting vs finishing pads (LC orange, white, or black). I`ll also stand by my observations of UP not providing the same level of gloss other similar polishes provide. Others are better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangustaman View Post
    I have a 2014 Blk vette, use M205 and like it. I just assumed the UP with the added glaze would offer more gloss, oh well.
    DA with a polishing foam pad, different pad brands. Maybe I will try a stand alone glaze, then a wax, after polishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    My suggestion would be to try a different polish and not mess with the glaze. Get the paint perfect and then add the wax.

GM pain is quite hard isn`t it?
    Yes.

I have a 2014 Vette as well and the clear coat is hard. I had to use a compound so if you used 205 (which I haven`t) and got great results then yours might be softer than mine. If you have more products and pads, you could always try doing test spots to find out what you like the best, be careful though as the c.c. is THIN. Like Nate stated, get the paint perfect then add wax or a coating, if your dead set on using a glaze, may I recommend Poorboys World Black Hole.

On a side note.... I assumed you had a mustang because I mis-read your handle

Post Thanks / Like

Comment from the Peanut Gallery as I`ve never used UP and don`t like the finish from M205 either...

Getting a black car "perfect", let alone keeping it that way, can be..uhm, challenging IRL and problematic when there`s not a lot of clear to work with. IMO there`s *nothing* wrong with using some kind of glaze, especially if it means this `vette is gonna get enjoyed more (and perhaps detailed, or at least polished, less).

Thread Information