Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 475s streaking

Post Thanks / Like

475s streaking

Quick question.. the last Two times I put this on it’s been a bit of a ````` to buy far almost like a streak’s hard to explain some spots are dark other ones are late the lake line so I got a really really go over it and almost press hard to get it out I’m thinking maybe just too much product only noticed since using the boss 15
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 475s streaking

Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    Quick question.. the last Two times I put this on it’s been a bit of a ````` to buy far almost like a streak’s hard to explain some spots are dark other ones are late the lake line so I got a really really go over it and almost press hard to get it out I’m thinking maybe just too much product only noticed since using the boss 15
    Thanks
    What speed are you applying it on? Maybe with the long throw it’s curing during the application? Also wonder about too much product, since that makes life harder no matter the application method.

Also, not to be rude, but might want to proof read your posts when you’re using the phone- seems like the software does some weird word swaps sometimes and makes it hard to decipher what you’re trying to say.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. No worries. I type like a 4th grader anyway. Haha. And this was voice to text. That’s ALWAYS interesting.

Applied at speed 4

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

phatkid77- LSPing by machine can be a little tricky, and IMO most people use *WAY* too much product most of the time anyhow. Trying to turn that "too much product" into "I`ll just work a larger area" is seldom a good solution. LSPing by machine is something I`d rather do, but overall I sidestep issues and have everything go better if I just do it by hand. And with regard to my mentioning "issues", I`ve never had it go sideways the way you have either.

Can hardly believe I`m saying this...but might want to dial the speed back to 3 or so too (I`ve never LSPed with my BOSS15).

And whatever preceded the 476S might be the problem, hard to say unless you`ve taken that off the table by using a Paint Prep product.

Oh, and ixnay on garbled/unproofed v2t type stuff. "Interesting" isn`t always what ya want to end up with Heh heh, I`m always lecturing you on the same topics huh?!?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s the large throw machines. Even at lower speed the tend to cure the product to fast.
    Likes Stokdgs, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I think it’s the large throw machines. Even at lower speed the tend to cure the product to fast.
    That makes sense. Might not be a big issue with a Liquid Wax, but with 476S...

And once again I`m paying attention to ya when it comes to how to run that machine If the long-throw is likely to flash product significantly faster (anyhow) then I`m gonna be erring on the side of caution should I ever use it with an AIO/etc. You know, one of those applications where I`d use the BOSS15 not for it`s corrective abilities but rather for it`s presumably lower vibration. Can`t do *every* panel contour with my Cyclos!

Post Thanks / Like

So sounds like the 476 should be used at a slower speed. Maybe smaller areas worked too.
    Did the CRV but used blacklight. Didn’t seem to have the issue
    Thanks guys

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

Just do it by hand or a small throw machine. The large throw are just to aggressive with those products.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That makes sense. Might not be a big issue with a Liquid Wax, but with 476S...

And once again I`m paying attention to ya when it comes to how to run that machine If the long-throw is likely to flash product significantly faster (anyhow) then I`m gonna be erring on the side of caution should I ever use it with an AIO/etc. You know, one of those applications where I`d use the BOSS15 not for it`s corrective abilities but rather for it`s presumably lower vibration. Can`t do *every* panel contour with my Cyclos!
    I’ve always used my Cyclo to apply LSP’s. No issues with 476s,(I used a whole tin of it that way). No issues with 915 and now FK1000p.
    Likes Stokdgs, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just do it by hand or a small throw machine. The large throw are just to aggressive with those products.
    Now ya tell me after I upgraded from the PC.. gahh. Lol

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

I would never get rid of my small throw machines. They work great on sensitive paint and are the absolute best for applying a flawless even finishing product.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I would never get rid of my small throw machines. They work great on sensitive paint and are the absolute best for applying a flawless even finishing product.
    And the smaller throw machines like the Porter Cable, are perfect for doing all the glass, as long as it does not need heavy duty correction and then Rotary Power would be better..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

phatkid77- I *did* assume that you used slow arm motions and were very careful to overlap uniformly.

What did you use to dampen the pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Older
    I’ve always used my Cyclo to apply LSP’s.
    Yeah, me too...whenever it`ll do the job. I only bought my first PC type machine because it wouldn`t do certain contours on the Jag.

Although I just do it by hand 99% of the time. Over and done faster than I can get out/put away a polisher since there are always lots of tight spots that need doing by hand with little swabs/etc. anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    phatkid77- I *did* assume that you used slow arm motions and were very careful to overlap uniformly.

What did you use to dampen the pad?

Yeah, me too...whenever it`ll do the job. I only bought my first PC type machine because it wouldn`t do certain contours on the Jag.

Although I just do it by hand 99% of the time. Over and done faster than I can get out/put away a polisher since there are always lots of tight spots that need doing by hand with little swabs/etc. anyhow.
    I just pop off one of my pads from the machine for the small spots. I really like those old Double Precision pads.

Post Thanks / Like

What pad do you use when applying the 476s?

The Blacklight is more made for be applyied with a polisher. And the damped pad on a polisher could also be a great choice to do as accumulator mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information