Thread: Nostalgia

Post Thanks / Like

Nostalgia

Went in a store called American classic garage today in Kill Devil Hills nc Lot of cool stuff from back in the day. This sign was a reproduction from Texaco service station

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nostalgia

Fishroes !
    Thanks for finding these and posting them up !!!

Lots of Texaco Gas Stations in Texas when I was a kid..

My Dad`s Station was Humble Oil, then Enco, then Esso, then Exxon, then Standard/Chevron, if my mind serves me correctly..
    Those were the days !!! Nothing like the fragrance of Premium Leaded Gasoline in the morning...
    Dan F
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

They had some t-shirts and other things with the phrase there’s nothing like the smell of racing fuel in the morning and diesel fuel in the morning. I remember the Esso stations. When I was in the tenth grade my brother used to run a gulf station. A lot of Saturday’s I would pump gas for $1.50 an hour and check oil and clean windshield. And it was when they had gas wars. Gas was like 28-30 cents a gallon
    I can remember cars were lined up out in the road. It was crazy. I earned my $1.50 an hour. Lol. They had an old gas pump too with the 93 octane wrote on it
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishroes View Post
    They had some t-shirts and other things with the phrase there’s nothing like the smell of racing fuel in the morning and diesel fuel in the morning. I remember the Esso stations. When I was in the tenth grade my brother used to run a gulf station. A lot of Saturday’s I would pump gas for $1.50 an hour and check oil and clean windshield. And it was when they had gas wars. Gas was like 28-30 cents a gallon
    I can remember cars were lined up out in the road. It was crazy. I earned my $1.50 an hour. Lol. They had an old gas pump too with the 93 octane wrote on it
    Fishroes --
    Wow ! You made $1.50 an hour !!! That`s a big jump from the $1.40 minimum wage !!! You lucky !!

There was a Gulf Station across the street from a gasoline/tire shop I worked at when I was a Senior in High School.. The guys over there just worked on their hot rod fords..
    Yeah, I remember back then, for just $2.00, you could get 7.4 gallons of gas... I remember because I pumped a lot of those $2.00 people...
    And for everyone, I had to clean the glass all the way around the car, check the battery (all those little caps), oil, power steering, brake fluid, and if they wanted the auto tranny checked, that also..
    Then, go all the way around and check all the tires, and ask if they wanted the spare checked.
    And then, ask if they needed the floors swept out..
    And then, process their credit card, etc., and go run get them their free stamps ( Blue Chip, or Texas Gold) or the redeemed gift from the books of stamps they brought..
    Yeah, I had to be really fast...

Lowest I ever saw it during those "gas wars" was $.17/gallon at a Shamrock independent gas station on a Sunday morning as we were driving to Church...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Like Archie bunker said, those were the days!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those old glass pumps are some of the neatest looking antiques. The glass signs/globes on top are just the icing on the cake.

Good thing that store isn’t close for $23.00 I would have taken home the wash and wax sign.

cool post!

Thread Information