Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen this before

Taking it back to dealer next month for oil change and tire rotation. We will see what they say. I’m going to demand to have it resprayed with line x. It’s the factory spray in liner. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody seen this before

Quote Originally Posted by Fishroes View Post
    Taking it back to dealer next month for oil change and tire rotation. We will see what they say. I’m going to demand to have it resprayed with line x. It’s the factory spray in liner. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your liner! That chipping and flaking looks like "wear-n-tear" from an unsecured load or abrasion from sliding in a heavy or abrasive load. At least that`s what the dealership will tell you. Did you get a special or separate warranty with this factory/OEM sprayed-in liner? Just suggesting you read it before you make your demands to them for an aftermarket liner, like what is considered "normal use" or how long the warranty may be in effect as it may be different that the vehicle itself. Weird, but true.

Sorry to sound like a Richard Brane (AKA Dick Head), but the dealer warranty person will probably question you with the same things mentioned above.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

This is a liner the dealership had sprayed in correct?? And you want it done with LineX?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure they will say it’s my fault. My reply to that is the truck is only 2 years old and the only things that have been in the bed is golf clubs and plastic trash cans. I also purchased 8 year extended warranty. It’s also starting to do it on the other side in the same area. My guess is it wasn’t mixed right or applied right. I’m gonna get the guy at line x to give me his opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen this before

It was sprayed on at the factory. Says it on the sticker. When I take it back they will see it looks better now than the day I bought it because of what I have learned here.
    The dealership should bill Toyota for it

Post Thanks / Like

I will read warranty but even if it doesn’t say anything about the bedliner the dealer should stand behind the product he is selling especially if he wants to keep me as a customer but you know how stealerships are

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would imagine they have the Bedliner chemicals available to dealerships to do repairs

If your dealer has a body shop and the bed was fixed or replaced they would have to redo the bedliner at that time

I feel like it will be taken care of. If not at first I would escalate it and have higher ups get it done. Heck it could even be common

I work at a dealership I’m not a warranty admin but customer satisfaction is still desired.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input Matt. I hope you’re right

Thread Information