Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up CarPro Water Spot Remover - Results

I had a freshly painted hood (top and bottom) and while I was wet sanding the top of the hood, the bottom of the hood ended up getting a lot of water that eventually dried leaving a lot of calcium deposits. I picked one area where I first tried polishing the spots off with M205 (no luck) then went to something more abrasive (still no luck) then chose to wet sand the area very lightly with 2500grit and do a full polish and even this left some areas with spotting b/c I didn`t sand it enough. AAARRGGG...I am NOT going to completely sand and polish the bottom of this hood!

So, researching here I saw that there were chem`s that were supposed to remove water spots (yea right!) but I was desperate so I thought I`d give one a try...CarPro Spotless.

HOLY ```` THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS!!

Spray it on and work it a few seconds with a MF towel then wipe it off.. DONE! Some spots required reapplication but no elbow grease was required!

There were a few spots on one of the turbo shields that I just sprayed over b/c I wanted to see what would happen and I could actually SEE the calcium "ring" vanish under the puddle of liquid within seconds. I then wiped the puddle off and viola, no more calcium spot!

There were a few spots on one of the turbos (polished aluminum) so I lightly sprayed the turbo housing - BAD idea! This left spots (etchings?) in the polished housing.. Maybe Mothers Aluminum Polish will clean these up, not sure yet but not a huge worry at this time for me.

In addition: I used it on my shower and it worked damn good there too. I sprayed it on a few tiles but required me to scrub it with a scotchbrite pad but it removed 95% of all the stains in two tiles very easily. I also tried one tile w/o the spray and simply tried scrubbing the tile with the scotchbrite pad but the stains wouldn`t come off.. These stains have been on these tiles for years and I`ve only been able to get them this clean with steelwool.

Thanks again to all those on this site for posting your results this has helped me immensely with my automotive project!
    Regards
    Kevin
    Likes SWETM, Diner, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Water Spot Remover - Results

Yes. I used it after my black Mercedes got hit with the sprinkler and was severely spotted. Worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. With all the product claims flying about it`s nice to hear of one that actually works.

Professional Detailer Tyler Hoffarth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We use Spotless on a daily basis during the summer months at times - it`s a fantastic product!

I haven`t had the chance (or the need) to try anything comparable out there, but I would never hesitate to recommend Spotless to someone looking for a rock solid solution.
    Owner of Unleashed Auto Care
    www.unleashedautocare.com

Proudly Serving Automotive Enthusiasts Across Saskatchewan

Post Thanks / Like

Does this work for water spots on glass. They don`t come off with regular window cleaner

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Inc View Post
    Does this work for water spots on glass. They don`t come off with regular window cleaner

Based on the chemical reaction I saw I would say, yes, it will work on glass.

ks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINS View Post

ks
    Ty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINS View Post

ks
    I would not use an acid on glass. Use a glass specific product like Nu Glass or Ceriglass..

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro claims it`s excellent to use on glass. The one thing is it can remove window coatings. As long as you work it in with a sponge or mf applicator and wipe of with a mf towel and directly rinse it of with alot of water you are fine. If you want to be safe test it out on small area on a side window first. And if you want to deep clean use ceriglass on the windows.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Carpro claims it`s excellent to use on glass. The one thing is it can remove window coatings. As long as you work it in with a sponge or mf applicator and wipe of with a mf towel and directly rinse it of with alot of water you are fine. If you want to be safe test it out on small area on a side window first. And if you want to deep clean use ceriglass on the windows.
    I think I will try ceriglass first then 8f that does work go with the carpro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If it`s safe to use on glass, why do they say not to spray directly on glass? Oh, and they also say, use with caution.

Post Thanks / Like

Read the carpro US sites that not spray directly to the glass. What I read it from was the carpro uk site and there it does says it`s excellent to use on glass. The thing with almost every chemicals is to not let it dry. So think that the US site write it for the chances for overspray. You will use it with precaution on paint too and use it panel by panel when apply it. Do you let it dry you will get etching whatever surface you use it on.

Ceriglass is a great way to go for deep clean windows. Just read the instructions and follow them.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it on my black Mercedes in New Mexico after the dealer left it near the sprinkler. It was completely ineffective as was the product from Chemical Guys.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    I used it on my black Mercedes in New Mexico after the dealer left it near the sprinkler. It was completely ineffective as was the product from Chemical Guys.

- Patrick
    Spotless is on the weak side. Think fresh water spots. For heavier water spots, try MX7.
    Likes pmnewton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Really, if you have water spots that can be chemically removed - one of the best, cheapest, and easiest thing to use is diluted distilled white vinegar. Prolly not LSP (wax/sealant) friendly - but I`d be pretty leery of the effectiveness of a chemical water spot remover that claims it won`t degrade wax.

What dilution? Up to you & depends how bad the water spots are.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information