Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very Displeased with Ibrid

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Justin00SS:
    This may seem like a rhetorical question: Do you find yourself using the Ibrid a lot for various detailing tasks? Like EVERY detail and maybe for an hour (or two) on every detail?? Despite this power problem, has it been a worth-wile equipment purchase to you in your detailing? Or will you be using the Flex PE8 more often now, despite it being a rotary-only tool??

Hi Lonnie. When doing correction and coating jobs, yes I find myself reaching for the Ibrid quite often. The PE8 is more of a back up tool now but does work great. But as pointed out it can`t fit into certain areas very well. That`s were the ibrid shines. That`s the main reason I`m keeping it because its so versatile and easy to use. But if this happens again then I will have to rethink some things.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

SLOWRIDE "take it easy"
    Post Thanks / Like

I do realize that this thread is over 5 years old now.

I bought mine in 2016 paid for it in Person@ AutoGeek headquarters Stuart ,Florida. to learn it was still on the ship.

I detail Harleys.
    Cordless & Size was the main attraction. After trying them out at the "free detailing" class help by Mike Phillips. I was sold.

Used to be I could compound & polish a Black Harley with one Battery .
    then I noticed it slows at 1/2 power so I would switch them out.

With in the 1st year the Batts were FUBAR, after a lot of phone calls & a unpleasant man they sent me newer ones
    Fast forward to 10/2020 I bought another set (3rd set) they did not last a year after many phone tag sessions RUPES sent me a 4th set now the 3rd set battery dates are 202006 which is 06/2020 the 4th set is 202007~ 7/2020

3~ 5 minuet run time I was literally wearing out the charger finishing a Bat wing on a Harley ( yes product drying out on Vehicle) .
    Now more phone tag with Rupes the girl tries to tell me I need a new machine when I get to the Technical support I`ve done my testing the Charger works just fine & the Machine runs steady on the A/C adaptor (which I hardly use because it get tangled in handle bars /foot pegs ,shifter brake pedal etc.)

Specking with tech support I tell him this & he says he will get me the newest batteries they have when they arrive they are 202105 05/2021

Now the 5th set comes in & I charge them up
    less than 5 minutes of run time.

To make matters worse I can`t even buy any from AutoGeek . Which is 5 miles from me.

I have thousands of Dollars worth of pads & products that revolve around this tool.
    Yes I have a PXE 80 but a 1 & 3" backing back doesn`t do the job (don`t know why FLEX did not put a 2" backing pad in there ?) they make one ( PXE 509.248 only available in Europe) WTF!?!?!

So at this point I am seriously considering buying battery repair tools & supplies .

Seems to me if you want it done right ya have to do it yourself.

Tell me about your NANO story.

PEACE!!
    "Illegitimis non carborundum"
    Don`t let the basstards grind you down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowride66 View Post
    Yes I have a PXE 80 but a 1 & 3" backing back doesn`t do the job (don`t know why FLEX did not put a 2" backing pad in there ?) they make one ( PXE 509.248 only available in Europe) WTF!?!?!
    PEACE!!
    Can`t help you with the Ibrid but I can show you a 2" Flex backing plate I made by using a Stanley Surform shaver on a 3" plate spinning at full speed. Add an APS extension and you`re ready for tight spaces.

flex aps.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

We have 2, one is about 5 yrs old and the other one is little over a year old. Both run great on batteries or plug in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowride66 View Post
    I do realize that this thread is over 5 years old now.

I bought mine in 2016 paid for it in Person@ AutoGeek headquarters Stuart ,Florida. to learn it was still on the ship.

I detail Harleys.
    Cordless & Size was the main attraction. After trying them out at the "free detailing" class help by Mike Phillips. I was sold.

Used to be I could compound & polish a Black Harley with one Battery .
    then I noticed it slows at 1/2 power so I would switch them out.

With in the 1st year the Batts were FUBAR, after a lot of phone calls & a unpleasant man they sent me newer ones
    Fast forward to 10/2020 I bought another set (3rd set) they did not last a year after many phone tag sessions RUPES sent me a 4th set now the 3rd set battery dates are 202006 which is 06/2020 the 4th set is 202007~ 7/2020

3~ 5 minuet run time I was literally wearing out the charger finishing a Bat wing on a Harley ( yes product drying out on Vehicle) .
    Now more phone tag with Rupes the girl tries to tell me I need a new machine when I get to the Technical support I`ve done my testing the Charger works just fine & the Machine runs steady on the A/C adaptor (which I hardly use because it get tangled in handle bars /foot pegs ,shifter brake pedal etc.)

Specking with tech support I tell him this & he says he will get me the newest batteries they have when they arrive they are 202105 05/2021

Now the 5th set comes in & I charge them up
    less than 5 minutes of run time.

To make matters worse I can`t even buy any from AutoGeek . Which is 5 miles from me.

I have thousands of Dollars worth of pads & products that revolve around this tool.

So at this point I am seriously considering buying battery repair tools & supplies .

Seems to me if you want it done right ya have to do it yourself.

Tell me about your NANO story.

PEACE!!
    Sounds like you need a new tool. Have you considered sending it in for repair. Rupes only charges $85 and they replace what needs to be replaced.

I have no issues with the batteries on mine. I purchased it when it first came out. The power switch is starting to act up but I use it pretty often. I will be sending it in for repair.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

And APS makes a nice 2” pad holder for the PXE 80. Model number is FP50. Very high quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Sounds like you need a new tool. Have you considered sending it in for repair. Rupes only charges $85 and they replace what needs to be replaced.

I have no issues with the batteries on mine. I purchased it when it first came out. The power switch is starting to act up but I use it pretty often. I will be sending it in for repair.
    Guz:
    How many hours of operation would you "guess" you have on this particular Ibrid with the power switch problem?
    I ask because, are you using it on a regular basis, like 20 hours a week, and more frequently turning in on-and-off within those hours of operation.
    (Yes Captain Obvious, using an Ibrid more frequently and turning it on-and-off constantly WILL wear out the power switch! They do not call you Captain Obvious for nothin`! Just sayin`.....)

This thread reminds me of how similar Italian-made power tools are to their automotive counterparts: When they work, they are great, but when they don`t, they are a pain to fix!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Guz:
    How many hours of operation would you "guess" you have on this particular Ibrid with the power switch problem?
    I ask because, are you using it on a regular basis, like 20 hours a week, and more frequently turning in on-and-off within those hours of operation.
    (Yes Captain Obvious, using an Ibrid more frequently and turning it on-and-off constantly WILL wear out the power switch! They do not call you Captain Obvious for nothin`! Just sayin`.....)

This thread reminds me of how similar Italian-made power tools are to their automotive counterparts: When they work, they are great, but when they don`t, they are a pain to fix!
    I have no idea. Many hours since I bought it when it first came out in 2016. It still works fine just intermittent start up from the contact switch.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    And APS makes a nice 2” pad holder for the PXE 80. Model number is FP50. Very high quality.
    Where do you get that APS stuff? A Google seemed to only show Australia. (somehow I feel like I`ve asked this question before)

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have no idea. Many hours since I bought it when it first came out in 2016.
    2016? Is that all? Somehow it seems like a lot longer ago when I went to the intro out here on the East coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

DownSouth:
    Thanks for the APS-Detail Division LLC company link. I am a little (actually a lot) "concerned" when you look at the home page and the terms and conditions in the website, there is NO physical mailing address listed and that products are shipped out of New Hampshire USA, but no location within that state is mentioned.

This is not to imply that they are not a legit internet business as obviously some of you Autopians have done such transactions with this entity/person in the past.

Makes me wonder how many consumers actually READ the "Terms and Conditions" of any internet reseller/distributor/business website they wish to do product purchase and payment transactions with.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my APS extension from a foreign vendor on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a FYI spta makes a micro polisher. In general it gets good reviews. Its maybe 1/3 of the price of the ibird. I have the shinemate small rotory with 1 to 3 inch backing plates and extension bars personally. That thing will never die i don`t think. From my reading most people use micro polishers in rotary mode anyhow.

ShineMate MiniSpot Rotary Polisher Kit EP803K | CARZILLA

Quality machine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information