Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    I tried to order the PB Bug Squash, but an unexpected expense came up and killed that idea. I have heard that putting fabric softener sheets in a bottle with warm/hot water will create a solution that will soften stuck on bugs and make them easier to remove.

    So I was wondering if I made a solution of say a cap full of liquid fabric softener in a 32 oz bottle with hot water would that works as a bug remover, I mean if wet fabric softener sheets work, why wouldn`t a stronger liquid solution work?

    I am supposed to be going back to the "bug zone" to detail a few cars again tomorrow and am looking for some opinions. After this, maybe I`ll be able to buy the actual Bug Squash with the profits from tomorrow`s details.
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I tried to order the PB Bug Squash, but an unexpected expense came up and killed that idea. I have heard that putting fabric softener sheets in a bottle with warm/hot water will create a solution that will soften stuck on bugs and make them easier to remove.

    So I was wondering if I made a solution of say a cap full of liquid fabric softener in a 32 oz bottle with hot water would that works as a bug remover, I mean if wet fabric softener sheets work, why wouldn`t a stronger liquid solution work?

    I am supposed to be going back to the "bug zone" to detail a few cars again tomorrow and am looking for some opinions. After this, maybe I`ll be able to buy the actual Bug Squash with the profits from tomorrow`s details.
    I`ve never heard of that one, interesting. Maybe try/bring a 1:14 solution of carsoap w/ a splash of degreaser for backup? Stoners Tarminator is an option, but you`d have to re-lsp.

  3. #3
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I`ve never heard of that one, interesting. Maybe try/bring a 1:14 solution of carsoap w/ a splash of degreaser for backup? Stoners Tarminator is an option, but you`d have to re-lsp.
    I`d already planned on reapplying a sealant to the area, so no big deal.
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro


  4. #4
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    man I would just go buy a $5 bottle of Turtle wax bug and tar remover. that stuff works surprisingly well for me and I`ve had to use it in a pinch when I used to do mobile and forgot to bring my bug squash...it`s definitely not as good as bug squash but its a pretty decent product

    also, for the future you should really consider buying a few Poorboys Bug Mesh Towels, a snice soapy bucket of Super Slick and Suds and one of those towels and you find yourself not really needing Bug Squash as much.


    Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  5. #5
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    if you access to hot water, then take some cotton towels and get them nice and hot and lay them on the bugs .. this should at least loosen them to the point that they`ll come off easier
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes mc2hill, mikejames liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  6. #6
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    man I would just go buy a $5 bottle of Turtle wax bug and tar remover. that stuff works surprisingly well for me and I`ve had to use it in a pinch when I used to do mobile and forgot to bring my bug squash...it`s definitely not as good as bug squash but its a pretty decent product

    also, for the future you should really consider buying a few Poorboys Bug Mesh Towels, a snice soapy bucket of Super Slick and Suds and one of those towels and you find yourself not really needing Bug Squash as much.
    ALL of the cars I`m called to detail have been neglected ... severely. No wax of any kind since the dealer applied slop and no regular washing and certainly no "in depth" washing to remove stuck bugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    if you access to hot water, then take some cotton towels and get them nice and hot and lay them on the bugs .. this should at least loosen them to the point that they`ll come off easier
    Nope, no hot water ... not enough to wash a car with anyway. I was so sure that I`d have the PBBS by now that I didn`t think ahead to what if I didn`t have it, that`s why I researched and found the wet fabric softener sheet trick ... I`d rather have the Poorboy`s.
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro

    Likes Poorboy liked this post

  7. #7
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ALL of the cars I`m called to detail have been neglected ... severely. No wax of any kind since the dealer applied slop and no regular washing and certainly no "in depth" washing to remove stuck bugs.



    Nope, no hot water ... not enough to wash a car with anyway. I was so sure that I`d have the PBBS by now that I didn`t think ahead to what if I didn`t have it, that`s why I researched and found the wet fabric softener sheet trick ... I`d rather have the Poorboy`s.
    too bad you`re not closer.. I have two gallons unopened and one gallon already mixed RTU

    maybe try to go to walmart or wherever and get one of those little bug mesh sponges, they aren`t the best but probably better than nothing


    Brandt K.

  8. #8
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

    Nope, no hot water ... not enough to wash a car with anyway. I was so sure that I`d have the PBBS by now that I didn`t think ahead to what if I didn`t have it, that`s why I researched and found the wet fabric softener sheet trick ... I`d rather have the Poorboy`s.
    ok i know you can get some winter window washing fluid in Ohio (meant for windshield wiper reservoir) this can work but don`t let it dry on paint as it sometime can stain (usually light ss colors)
    life is short ..do it while you can

    e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

  9. #9
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    too bad you`re not closer.. I have two gallons unopened and one gallon already mixed RTU

    maybe try to go to walmart or wherever and get one of those little bug mesh sponges, they aren`t the best but probably better than nothing
    Already did

    Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    ok i know you can get some winter window washing fluid in Ohio (meant for windshield wiper reservoir) this can work but don`t let it dry on paint as it sometime can stain (usually light ss colors)
    I do have some "special" `bug cleaning` washer fluid in the garage, maybe I`ll try that too.
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro


  10. #10
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    This as been a problem for you for some time. When funds allow, get some Griots bug barricade. First of it`s kind product.

    Griots Garage Bug Barricade 22oz.
    sounds like an interesting product but I don`t see how that helps him remove the bugs... unless you were meaning for his own personal use

    This would be cool to have if you did maintenance washes on clients vehicles every two weeks or so.


    Brandt K.

  11. #11
    DETAILED TODAY? PA DETAILER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Ok. I see DON needs something now. Here is info on his idea.......

    https://youtu.be/P2AGzJjJViI
    2012 NISSAN XTERRA PRO 4X
    www.autiopia.org

  12. #12
    Mary B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Burnsville Mn.
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Ok. I see DON needs something now. Here is info on his idea.......

    https://youtu.be/P2AGzJjJViI

    I wonder if it`s the texture of the sheet that`s removing the bugs ????

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    79,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    512Detail- At one time the TW Bug & Tar was, *apparently*, a bit abrasive. Is it still like that or is it just a straight solvent as one might reasonably expect?

    I still remember the TW`s can and the scent of that stuff....and just FWIW, mine (from way back the late `70s!) wasn`t abrasive at all, just a regular solvent that worked fine. But I clearly remember hearing dire warnings from somebody here (whose name I forget, but I did consider him 100% reliable) about the abrasiveness.

  14. #14
    Darth Camaro 12/27/15 Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Ok. I see DON needs something now. Here is info on his idea.......

    https://youtu.be/P2AGzJjJViI
    Yes, I`ve seen that video. That`s what gave me the idea of using diluted liquid fabric softener and a microfiber cloth (or bug sponge). Because of course, we have a combination washer/dryer that performs both tasks in a single cycle and softener sheets are useless in this machine (plus, the wife prefers liquid fabric softener over the dryer sheets).
    Don M

    The Surprised owner
    of a 2013 Camaro LS
    323hp / 6 manual
    Darth Camaro


  15. #15
    jatleson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Not able to get Poorboy`s Bug Squash in time ...will this work??

    I had good results using a waterless wash (happened to be Griots) as a presoak. Let it dwell while getting the supplies, buckets, hoses ready then rinse the areas down with a strong stream of water or pressure washer.

    Granted it was on my car, but it hadn`t be waxed since last fall (Collinite 845) and was after several long road trips/rain storms. Just need something to penetrate and soften the bugs so they can easily be rinsed or wiped away.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Poorboy`s World Bug Squash & Mesh Bug MF
    By JustJesus in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-19-2017, 07:30 PM
  2. Review - Poorboy`s World Bug Squash
    By Wors in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 09:25 PM
  3. VIDEO REVIEW: Poorboy`s World Bug Squash
    By dc52nv in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 07:12 AM
  4. Poorboy`s Bug Squash
    By CARTfan in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:09 AM
  5. Product Review: Poorboy`s Bug Squash
    By JaredPointer in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •