Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaner wax after every wash??

PA Detailer- How do you like the GG Spray-On Wax compared to others? The only guy I know who uses it doesn`t keep his vehicle nice enough for me to be able to evaluate such stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I use spray waxes as Drying Aids at many/?most? washes of my wife`s A8 (the whole car) and our other vehicles as well (at least on certain sections).

I prefer Optimum Car Wax on paint and lenses and Meguiar`s D156/Ultimate Quik Wax on black trim.

But IMO using such stuff isn`t the same experience as wax on/wax off.

No issues with it messing up my MF Drying Towels, but a) I only do it with Plush ones, not WWs, and b) I wash them promptly in HOT water with a good MF detergent. Eh, I always use *something* that could potentially mess up Drying Towels anyhow..if not a Spray Wax then a Rinseless Wash at QD strength (previously used leave-stuff-behind QDs for this), so the prompt/proper laundering is just part of my routine. But of course YMMV applies since there are a lotta variables when it comes to washing hydrophobic stuff out of MFs.
    Thanks for advice, if it mess up with my towel maybe i use ONR as drying aid then use some spray wax after

Sent from my Grand2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariezhai5 View Post
    Thanks for advice, if it mess up with my towel maybe i use ONR as drying aid then use some spray wax after
    For a Spray Wax after ONR the obvious choice is OCW, huh?

Though the ONR as a Drying Aid might do the trick all by itself. I use a different RW (IUDJ) and, mixed nice and strong, it leaves enough behind to work fine on a regularly cared for vehicle. I use the OCW on that A8 almost as a mere "oughta do more, oughta use a wax instead of just a RW" kind of thing. With a decent layer of (conventional) LSP on there the RW is plenty, just use the others for maybe specific to me reasons (LOVE the D156 on trim, like the UV protection of OCW on lenses).

Post Thanks / Like

For a Spray Wax after ONR the obvious choice is OCW, huh?

Though the ONR as a Drying Aid might do the trick all by itself. I use a different RW (IUDJ) and, mixed nice and strong, it leaves enough behind to work fine on a regularly cared for vehicle. I use the OCW on that A8 almost as a mere "oughta do more, oughta use a wax instead of just a RW" kind of thing. With a decent layer of (conventional) LSP on there the RW is plenty, just use the others for maybe specific to me reasons (LOVE the D156 on trim, like the UV protection of OCW on lenses).
    Hahaha, you read my mind. It`s just because OCW less expensive here in my country. Try to get some D156 to try from my friend next

Sent from my Grand2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariezhai5 View Post
    Hahaha, you read my mind. It`s just because OCW less expensive here in my country. Try to get some D156 to try from my friend next..
    Some people really like the D156, but for some reason I just don`t care for it`s look on my paint(s).

Post Thanks / Like

PA Detailer- How do you like the GG Spray-On Wax compared to others? The only guy I know who uses it doesn`t keep his vehicle nice enough for me to be able to evaluate such stuff.
    When I used it I found it to be a great product. No smears or streaks. Left a nice finish after every wash.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

PA DETAILER- Ah, OK...thanks for the feedback. Wonder whether I`d like it better than the ones I have now...though I`m really trying to stick with not broke/don`t fix.

Also wonder whether the GG Spray-On Wax has been tested by any independent body for use on fresh repaints. The Ford testing of OCW was a deal-clincher for me, only use the D156 because of how it happens to look on my black trim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information