ORANGERT- Ah, glad to hear your KSG vs. FK1000P comparison worked out the way mine did.

It occurred to me last night that my `93 Audi has this "pitting" issue too! Somehow forgot that earlier...

I decon`ed that with FK1119, which is some nasty, potent stuff. A safer, if less effective alternative is ValuGard`s "A".

I did use ValuGard`s "B" for the acidic step, but lots of companies sell "ferrous contamination removal" products these days (e.g., the IronX) and I bet they all work pretty OK.

Even if decon chemicals like those don`t seem to solve any problems, they oughta at least put an end to any ongoing case of the contamination "eating that paint alive". Good "clean slate" first step IMO.

Then do some gentle polishing but know when to say "when" and don`t get all Autopian about it

Then use something that fills a bit and top it with something that supposedly offers UV-protection.

I keep the `93 Audi out of the sun as much as I can, but after [however many years I`ve had it..maybe nine or so] it hasn`t gotten appreciably worse even though it has some serious cc failure and all sort of other "you have to repaint that!"-type issues. To hear some "experts" tell it, that paint should`ve peeled right off the car ages ago, but it`s still getting admiring looks and compliments from people all the time. The older it gets, the more that "awful paint damage" can pass as "patina" and I bet it`s the same with that `vette.