Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sacrificial Layer For Optimum Gloss Coat

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I forgot to mention that you can mix ONR as a QD.
    Yeah I saw that. I can already tell, ONR is gonna be one of those products I use constantly and am gonna be stocking up on. The water behavior of the Sonax BSD had me drooling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Can Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer be used? It`s cheap and got great reviews from what I`ve read. It being ungodly hydrophobic is a huge plus as well. I was between reload and Overcoat. After some research, I read some horror stories about reload with streaking and oil smears that are a real pain to remove. Not to mention my car is black, so it would be very noticeable. Overcoat looks good, but at 75 bucks, I can`t help but consider something like Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer after what I`ve read about it. At that price point, and being easy to apply, I wouldn`t have a problem applying it with every wash or every other wash.
    Sonax BSD is simply amazing as far asa water behavior. But as was noted previously it is not "Slick" feeling. So if you like to touch the paint and want that ultra slick finish this isn`t for you and Overcoat / CarPro Reload would be a better fit. But yes, Overcoat is crazy expensive and for that reason I have been using more Sonax BSD.

One side note and possibly a reason to pick up a small bottle of Overcoat is that it has some filling ability to it. So if you have any minor marring this can cover it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Sonax BSD is simply amazing as far asa water behavior. But as was noted previously it is not "Slick" feeling. So if you like to touch the paint and want that ultra slick finish this isn`t for you and Overcoat / CarPro Reload would be a better fit. But yes, Overcoat is crazy expensive and for that reason I have been using more Sonax BSD.

One side note and possibly a reason to pick up a small bottle of Overcoat is that it has some filling ability to it. So if you have any minor marring this can cover it up.
    I think I`m gonna go with Sonax BSD. I don`t mind if the paint doesn`t feel slick to the touch. As long as it has a reasonably durable hydrophobic layer that offers decent protection.

That`s not a bad idea with the overcoat. If I get any light surface imperfections in the coating, I`ll try some overcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    I think I`m gonna go with Sonax BSD. I don`t mind if the paint doesn`t feel slick to the touch. As long as it has a reasonably durable hydrophobic layer that offers decent protection.

That`s not a bad idea with the overcoat. If I get any light surface imperfections in the coating, I`ll try some overcoat.
    Wouldn`t expect much filling with Overcoat but for something that is quick-detailer-ish, it`s some crazy good, durable stuff. Use it maybe once a month to top 2 coated cars, not even halfway through the $70 bottle since purchasing last May. Little goes a long way and not frequently needed. Think last time I applied was beginning of August and black Corvette still shining even after many drives in rain. Well, except for back end...rear bumper/back end of cars tells no lies.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information