Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 Over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Would I be able to top WGDGPS 3.0 with Collinite 845 or would that have adverse effects? Reason I was thinking of doing this was because of what I`ve read about the looks and durability of WGDGPS and the fact that it is a sealant, while the Collinite 845 is more of a wax. I like the how hydrophobic 845 is as well, from a video comparison I saw, it seems to repel water more than the Wolfgang sealant. Basically, I want the look of the WGDGPS with the hydrophobic properties of the Collinite 845.

Here`s the videos I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 Over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

The colli is a hybrid I believe. VERY bullet proof.

I would say yes but it may interfere with the WG. But still don`t see a problem with it.

The videos you posted are by one of our members "Loach", so you may want to reach out to him and ask.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

As a user and fan of both products, I understand your desire to have them both work in tandem to achieve the best of both worlds.i would just caution you to let the WG cure for a few days. 845 has a high solvent content, and may disrupt the sealant.

Having said that, I think WGDGPS is so good, it doesn`t need anything else. In fact, when I top it, I use things like DoDo Rainforest Rub or Lusso Oro - things to enhance beauty (maybe) moreso than performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    The colli is a hybrid I believe. VERY bullet proof.

I would say yes but it may interfere with the WG. But still don`t see a problem with it.

The videos you posted are by one of our members "Loach", so you may want to reach out to him and ask.
    I remember reading how durable 845 is. Definitely a great selling point as well. I shouldn`t have a problem giving the WG time to fully cure and set. I can apply the WG, leave the car in the garage for a week (car isn`t a daily) and then apply the Colli 845 if need be.

That`s great! Small world, I`ll search for his username and send him a link to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    As a user and fan of both products, I understand your desire to have them both work in tandem to achieve the best of both worlds.i would just caution you to let the WG cure for a few days. 845 has a high solvent content, and may disrupt the sealant.

Having said that, I think WGDGPS is so good, it doesn`t need anything else. In fact, when I top it, I use things like DoDo Rainforest Rub or Lusso Oro - things to enhance beauty (maybe) moreso than performance.
    I have no doubts the WG sealant is extremely durable with great appearance etc. I know how hydrophobic an LSP may be, isn`t necessarily a measure of it`s protective abilities. The only thing I wish the WGDGPS had more of was the hydrophobic characteristics like the Collinite. That would probably make it perfect. Aside from me just being a sucker for the crazy beading, I like the idea of how easy it would be to blow dry the entire car with a product like 845 on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using that combination for well over a year on my Ram 1500`s. I let the sealant "cure" for at least 24 hours before I apply the Collinite 845. I have had great success with the combination. I apply this combination about once every 6 months and the truck is not a daily driver and it is garaged so I am not sure about the longevity under other circumstances. I have now changed products and my thinking since I recently was schooled by Brandt from 512 detailing--Thanks Brandt, I think. LOL
    Jay
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    I have been using that combination for well over a year on my Ram 1500`s. I let the sealant "cure" for at least 24 hours before I apply the Collinite 845. I have had great success with the combination. I apply this combination about once every 6 months and the truck is not a daily driver and it is garaged so I am not sure about the longevity under other circumstances. I have now changed products and my thinking since I recently was schooled by Brandt from 512 detailing--Thanks Brandt, I think. LOL
    Jay
    Good to know that it will work. What product did you switch to and how was your thinking changed? Share your newly acquired knowledge and thinking lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jay
    Jay I thought of you when I saw this post. Figured you would catch it eventually and comment

and to the OP--- I have never received a vehicle in better condition than Jay`s truck! which was still beading like crazy after iron remover

definitely had to polish that stuff off,haha

I`d say your OP combo is a go! But I`m just a hack

Brandt K.
    Thanks Never Enuff thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Jay I thought of you when I saw this post. Figured you would catch it eventually and comment

and to the OP--- I have never received a vehicle in better condition than Jay`s truck! which was still beading like crazy after iron remover

definitely had to polish that stuff off,haha

I`d say your OP combo is a go! But I`m just a hack
    Wow, nice! Just read the thread, I enjoyed that read. So Jay, I guess you`re a believer now in the coatings. From the pics, your ram looked absolutely outrageous! Super glossy with crazy clarity! How would you say the appearance compared to that of the WG/Collinite combo? At least now I know that the combo does work, but after reading that thread, the wheels in my head are now turning as well. That looked incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the coating has a little more gloss and depth. I think the Essence polish also helped prep the surface. And last but not least---Brandt knows what the hell he`s doing----even while babysitting an old guy. When you have the right equipment and the right products and the knowledge, the results are outstanding.
    Jay
    Likes Blackdevil77, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the coating has a little more gloss and depth. I think the Essence polish also helped prep the surface. And last but not least---Brandt knows what the hell he`s doing----even while babysitting an old guy. When you have the right equipment and the right products and the knowledge, the results are outstanding.
    Jay
    That`s good to know. The coating is sounding like a good idea right about now. I have M105 and M205, but I just bought Menzerna products I`ve been wanting to try to get the paint perfect. I got FG400 coming, SF3500 (SF4000) and SF3800(SF4500) to squeeze every last bit of clarity and gloss out of the paint.

I`m gonna be taking my sweet time when I do this. I could do a few panels a day and really take my time doing it as perfectly as I possibly can.
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The big question for me that I can`t answer is how DGPS holds up to being topped with 845 with its solvent content as WaxAddict mentions. 845 won`t have trouble bonding on top of DGPS but I`m not sure if you`ll see a gloss benefit of the duo compared to just one by itself. Gloss measuring has always been a weakness of my tests, both the blue and the silver test cars are great at hiding any differences in depth and gloss between products. I`m like you though, if 845 was as effortless and worry-free to work with as DGPS, or if DGPS had the water behavior of 845, then that would be the perfect sealant. Don`t count out FK1000P as well, or there`s always a quick application of Brilliant Shine Detailer if you`re really wanting to send beads flying at lightspeed with the blower.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    The big question for me that I can`t answer is how DGPS holds up to being topped with 845 with its solvent content as WaxAddict mentions. 845 won`t have trouble bonding on top of DGPS but I`m not sure if you`ll see a gloss benefit of the duo compared to just one by itself. Gloss measuring has always been a weakness of my tests, both the blue and the silver test cars are great at hiding any differences in depth and gloss between products. I`m like you though, if 845 was as effortless and worry-free to work with as DGPS, or if DGPS had the water behavior of 845, then that would be the perfect sealant. Don`t count out FK1000P as well, or there`s always a quick application of Brilliant Shine Detailer if you`re really wanting to send beads flying at lightspeed with the blower.
    Im quite certain the dodge ram truck I did used those two and it looked just fine to my eyes when i hit it with the hose

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

You want some insane Water shedding/hydrophobic properties, try some Kamikaze Overcoat. Not 100% sure but methinks DGPS would fall under the polymer coating group.

OVER COAT
    is designed to be (easily) applied over the durable base layer coating…which could be ISM COAT, MIYABI COAT, and other brands of glass, ceramic, or polymer coatings. OVER COAT will take the abuse of the elements, while protecting the under layer. And since it’s so easy to apply and work with, you can quickly maintain your coated vehicle every month or two (durability however is listed as 3-6 months).

Thread Information