Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Safe fresh water spot removal?

I used Carpro`s Spotless on a two year old PBL v1 coating that had water spots in it, came right out- coating still appeared in tack to me

Brandt K.
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I think any of the WSR`s should be safe for coatings...if not you need a new coating .

I`ve had good results with the Chemical Guys stuff on a few Opti-Coated cars that got hammered by sprinklers. Unfortunately it`s out of stock everywhere and unknown when or if it will be back. Spotless has worked well so far and if you follow the directions there should be no issues. I haven`t tried any of the other ones but I have a client with a Tesla that got hit by the sprinkler at a hotel when he was taking a long road trip. He tried Spotless with no luck so he`ll be coming back in eventually. I`ll order a few others to have on hand when that time comes.
    So what is your approach when a client (like this Tesla) has a vehicle where the spots won`t come off the coating ? Do you polish and re coat free of charge or do they pay for the work?

Post Thanks / Like

I got some of the McKees RV water spot remover... I bet that is probably not safe though- it smells terrible

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    So what is your approach when a client (like this Tesla) has a vehicle where the spots won`t come off the coating ? Do you polish and re coat free of charge or do they pay for the work?
    Well it`s on them if the car gets hit by the sprinkler so I will charge them but it likely won`t be my normal rate, especially when they live 4 hours away. The issue for me is that I`m booked out until November 18-20. So basically they would have to wait until then otherwise I`d have to have them leave it with me for a few days and work on it during the week or I`d have to take time off from my normal job. Sucks being part time for things like this. If hey lived closer it would be easier but I don`t want to make him wait until November and I could tell they didn`t want to wait until then too. :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Well it`s on them if the car gets hit by the sprinkler so I will charge them but it likely won`t be my normal rate, especially when they live 4 hours away. The issue for me is that I`m booked out until November 18-20. So basically they would have to wait until then otherwise I`d have to have them leave it with me for a few days and work on it during the week or I`d have to take time off from my normal job. Sucks being part time for things like this. If hey lived closer it would be easier but I don`t want to make him wait until November and I could tell they didn`t want to wait until then too. :/
    Yeah I see your point and it is tricky with the scheduling. I wonder if anyone has ever had a client complain(upset) against water spots not being able to be removed on a coating by stating that the coating was supposed to resist these things from staying/sticking and what not... that`s what I`m pretty curious about as well. For all the extra "trouble" one could spend applying a coating, and then not being able to remove water spots from it without removing the coating itself, I wonder if it`s really worthit in the customer`s eyes in the end vs just paying for a sealant. What does everyone think? Especially if anyone here has had to deal with an unhappy customer whose had water spot issues on their coating .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Yeah I see your point and it is tricky with the scheduling. I wonder if anyone has ever had a client complain(upset) against water spots not being able to be removed on a coating by stating that the coating was supposed to resist these things from staying/sticking and what not... that`s what I`m pretty curious about as well. For all the extra "trouble" one could spend applying a coating, and then not being able to remove water spots from it without removing the coating itself, I wonder if it`s really worthit in the customer`s eyes in the end vs just paying for a sealant. What does everyone think? Especially if anyone here has had to deal with an unhappy customer whose had water spot issues on their coating .
    I tell you what...I noticed some water spots on my roof today.. although the roof has Natty`s on it- it`s got PBL v1 x2 under there.. so I will play around with Spotless when I get a chance and see what it does to the coating, if anything - or if I can even tell

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally up to you, my bottle should be here between tomorrow and Monday at the latest. I think it might work since i managed to remove 90% of it with the Trix Wash using the pluffle MF towel to rub the areas affected. All that`s left is that 10% that our eyes can see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information