Post Thanks / Like

best wax for dark colored vehicles?

Hi. I purchased a bottle of the Poorboy`s Black Hole wax. It seems to work well for hiding swirls but not for filling rocks chips and scratches. Tested it on a truck that is a deep dark blue, almost black. I am applying and removing by hand. I saw some others brands for black vehicles like Mequiars and Turtle wax as well. What wax would you all recommend to be used on a dark vehicle to fill chips? If the product is listed for a black vehicle, can it be used on any dark vehicle such as a deep dark blue as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best wax for dark colored vehicles?

Like that old comershal on tv from yester year.. You can`t get their from here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atlantarange View Post
    Hi. I purchased a bottle of the Poorboy`s Black Hole wax. It seems to work well for hiding swirls but not for filling rocks chips and scratches. Tested it on a truck that is a deep dark blue, almost black. I am applying and removing by hand. I saw some others brands for black vehicles like Mequiars and Turtle wax as well. What wax would you all recommend to be used on a dark vehicle to fill chips? If the product is listed for a black vehicle, can it be used on any dark vehicle such as a deep dark blue as well?
    You fill RIDS and chips with paint and not wax.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RIDS= Random Isolated Deep Scratches

And yeah, when paint`s missing the fix is to replace the missing paint, or else just live with its absence.

Post Thanks / Like

Black hole is not a wax, it`s a glaze. It`s purpose is to fill minor swirls and add a ton of gloss. You need to wax or seal over it, or it will be short lived.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

.... If the product is listed for a black vehicle, can it be used on any dark vehicle such as a deep dark blue as well?
    In every case I know of, yes. The wax doesn`t know what color your car is.
    Since you like Black Hole, you should try Poorboy`s Natty`s Black. I mean, why not? Put your mind at ease. It`s a high quality wax and is made for dark cars, from the same people that brought you Black Hole. That seems to "make sense".

Let`s rephrase your question: "What sealants or waxes have you had success with on very dark vehicles"? For me, CG Blacklight (no flamers please), Collinite 915, Sonus SFX-4, PB`s EX, PB`s Natty`s Blue paste and liquid, HD Poxy, Lusso Oro, and DoDo Blue Velvet have worked well for me. All very different.

What are your requirements? Longevity? Show-car gloss? Easy-of-use? Price? All of these will play a part in selection.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. ColorChip Squirt `n Squeegee Paint Chip Repair Kit

Like Ron says... black hole is a glaze, not a wax. it doesn`t protect, just shines...also doesn`t fill chip holes (which you know first hand actually)

And I`ve used Natty`s Black wax on my silver truck with no issues as well. Some waxes work better on certain colors though.

get the paint chip repair kit, go to town, and then after it fully cures, THEN go to town with your black hole followed by a wax to seal in the black hole glaze

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Go the Dr Colorchip route, your car will than you and it`s easy. Then buy some Pinnacle Souvern. It`s a beauty wax and is easy on and easy off. For more protection try Wolfgang Fusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Go the Dr Colorchip route, your car will than you and it`s easy. Then buy some Pinnacle Souvern. It`s a beauty wax and is easy on and easy off..
    FWIW, I get *MUCH* better results from the DrColorchip system when I apply it basically like regular touchup paint and then do the leveling *VERY* carefully, one spot at a time with an old MF (which this will ruin) instead of the "cloth" they include in the kit.

Souveran looks nice (I use it on the Jag and it was my wife`s fave on her Audi), but it provides *minimal* protection and needs redone at virtually every wash.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Souveran looks nice (I use it on the Jag and it was my wife`s fave on her Audi), but it provides *minimal* protection and needs redone at virtually every wash.
    Then what good is it? Might as well use a good detail spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Then what good is [Souveran]? Might as well use a good detail spray.
    That`s a good question, and one that I ponder about a lot of LSPs including Souveran!

Actually, I *DON`T* use Souveran these days, what with the Jag in mothballs

IMO the *ONLY* reasons to use Souveran are: a) you like to paste-wax the car with something user-friendly, b) you like how it smells or something like that, and/or the real reason why *I* put it on the Jag when that car is in use...it just happens to give a very specific look that`s exactly what you want.

Absent those reasons I agree with you completely, which is why my wife`s Audi gets OCWed (over top of its M16) these days instead of getting Souveraned all the time. Heh heh, she didn`t prefer the look of Souveran enough to do it herself.

Thread Information