Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boss_429
    Poorboy,

Don`t know about Jim, but I do know that my panels with TS bead more than those with the EX. Same thing with UPP vs .......... well you know. However, I haven`t had a chance to use that much S & W on the panels (3 or 4 times).

So my question is......... what would the S & W have to do with the beading, if anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing about beading. It looks neat but... the water is still on the finish! Like Boss said, the beads evaporate but leave their cargo... water spots (salt). Silicones enhance beading. Does S&W contain silicones PB?
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Boss_429
    There be none of those "silly cones" in Poorboy`s stuff....... thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, the plot thickens....

Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean I`m allowed to post again

no silicone....difference being that the Spray and wipe with gentle wiping will not disturb the product under it...washing with a soap will...the pressure and soap you use will aggitate any product from the surface quicker....I also think the beading and sheeting has to do with the angle of a panel, how dirty the vehicle was when it was rained on ....there are so many variables to look at.

Should i go on?..lol
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Should i go on?..lol
    No, that`s enough................. for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I took so long to get back.

I was in some rain today and, as has always been the case with EX, water beads beautifully in small to medium sized beads.

I put a coat of EX on it about 2 weeks ago and use S&W daily.....twice today....thanks to the rain.

Entered in a 1000 car unjudged show/cruise Friday. Got lots compliments on the truck and a few wanted to know what I used on the finish! I just happened to have with me a bottle of everything I have from Poorboys World to show them.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim...for the update....

I think unless we had all variables equal it`s tough to say one way or another...beading/ sheeting ....

I talked to someone about an hour ago and asked him the same question...and i know how he maintains his truck:rolleyes....and his was beading too...in fact he complained about two water spots...way up on the hood near the cowl where it`s nearly impossible on his truck to reach with any pressure during polishing or waxing...he went with SSR2 and they came right out...

going to been a long day

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy

Thanks for the responses, I was just wondering about the pd`s in QD products and it`s long term effect on the underlying wax/sealant. In your response you said:

"washings and petroleum based products will wear down the layers and the QD`s which have wax will keep the enhanced look for as long as the person keeps up with it...."

Would the petroleum based products wear down the layers faster than just washing or if a lot of pressure was applied during the wash phase, would it make a difference. I realize there are a lot of variables here, soap, water,mitt type, etc. just picking your brain this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rtcat
    Poorboy

Thanks for the responses, I was just wondering about the pd`s in QD products and it`s long term effect on the underlying wax/sealant. In your response you said:

"washings and petroleum based products will wear down the layers and the QD`s which have wax will keep the enhanced look for as long as the person keeps up with it...."

Would the petroleum based products wear down the layers faster than just washing or if a lot of pressure was applied during the wash phase, would it make a difference. I realize there are a lot of variables here, soap, water,mitt type, etc. just picking your brain this morning.
    just picking your brain this morning. [/QUOTE][/B]

It`s way too early to pick on my brain...lol

First remember that all wax products are made with Pd`s ....when you use a QD with Wax it will not wear down the product under it...usually..(I have not test every product out there, but i did see one that was mostly Pd`s and could easily start deteriorating from above) same with alchohol in a QD......

no matter how gentle a soap is, if you are RUBBING your finish you are removing dirt and what ever it`s embedded in wax /sealant....rinsing off dust or removing road grime ...are another variable..no there can`t be a set standard of how much washing or QDing will remove how much of which product....anyone who could tell you..........
    would be a scientific genious

Post Thanks / Like
    I used two different products on my car one was a Meg`s carnuba and the other Zaino. I noticed the zaino sheeted on the hood and nearly left zero water droplets. The water on the waxed surfaced would just bead and when large enough run off.

An interesting comparison-
    last night I was washing the dishes when I noticed the dirty our dirty teflon pan (grease and food residue) beaded. Once I cleaned it out real good the water sheeted off and left only a couple micro sized water droplets.

Just a thought...
    -Chinese Proverb

Boss_429
    Originally posted by rhillstr
    I used two different products on my car one was a Meg`s carnuba and the other Zaino. I noticed the zaino sheeted on the hood and nearly left zero water droplets. The water on the waxed surfaced would just bead and when large enough run off.
    I`m quite surprise at that, as I`ve had no other product bead as well, and as long as several coats of Zaino did on my vehicle. Yes, the surface was so slick, that during a rainstorm the water would literaly stream off the hood. Once it stopped raining, the vehicle would be covered with super tiny beads.

Perhaps it was something I did in the prep, or the fact that I followed the entire system. Whatever the case, it was a "bead machine"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps it`s something I did (or didn`t do )

I used Meg`s medallion paint cleaner and Show car glaze. I`m told Zaino doesn`t bond so well to these and prefers Z-1. Sooo,
    maybe I washed the Z-2 off the car.

It did leave SOME tiny tiny beads but nothing like the waterspots, er I mean beads that meg`s carnuba created.
    -Chinese Proverb

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats odd rhill. When I used Megs #26 I always got comments from people when they saw my car after it rained. Always was COVERED in tiny little pea sized beads.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an interim update on beading. Washed the car again today and finished up with Platinum UGE. Of course it rained about an hour later and I was treated to the most beautiful rows of pearl-like beads you could imagine. Both sides of the hood beaded identically after the rain, so PB is definitely right about the beading effects of the QDs. Damn, that Platinum QD is good stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information