Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try the "Air Wand"?

Just got one yesterday for my leaf blower. It turns out the inventor lives 2 miles from me in San Diego.
    i will review after I give it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone try the "Air Wand"?

Yes i have. Looking foward to your review.....
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator is a big user of one I know. I have one, its a handy device just needs some tweaks so it doesnt fall apart. I don`t use it that much because my ultra absorbant MFs do a good job soaking up water after wash.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Link to product?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I`ve never heard of it before now but it looks pretty cool. Definitely let us know how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Wow. I`ve never heard of it before now but it looks pretty cool. Definitely let us know how it is.

I don`t think it would be an advantage for me since the proper sheet rinse removes 98% of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using an AirWand for years, and I like it very much. I initially figured it`d be a worthless gimmick, and it took me numerous washes to get my technique with it fully sorted out, but I came to really appreciate it.

I seldom hold it in the "obvious" way, I often cover a portion of the outlet slot to concentrate the airflow, which way I use it can vary with the vehicle, etc. etc.; there`s a lot to consider if you want to truly optimalize its use.

I still use the compressor to more fully dry the nooks and crannies. For me, the AirWand is just for getting the majority of water dealt with quickly.

Don`t let the MF strip touch your paint. Don`t let the hose connections pop apart.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I tried it and was not super blown away, I will try again to master the technique

Post Thanks / Like

A Master Blaster will work much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but I think this goes no the mb in place of the nozzle? I love my my not sure if this would help me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    A Master Blaster will work much better.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think the air wand would be more difficult to use and not dry as quickly. It looks difficult to hold evenly over the surface. With the fan wand, you are getting less air velocity to any given spot so less drying power.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Not sure, but I think this goes no the mb in place of the nozzle? I love my my not sure if this would help me or not.
    Nah, it`s comes attached to what looks like a modified electric leaf blower:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423313579.354390.jpg

But, you can just buy the "wand" for 30 bills and rig it. Dunno. I see my Master Blaster blowing that wand right across the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I`ll fully admit that most of this is just a repost of what I`ve said before, both on this thread and on others...but here goes anyhow:

I`d equate the MB with my air compressor and IMO/IME the AirWand is a completely different device made for a different sort of "blowing the car dry" job. Apples/oranges: they *are* both fruit, nothing wrong with either, but not always interchangeable. If it`s an either/or choice, in the absence of an air compressor (which I consider indispensible for any household, period) I`d probably lean towards the MB.

The AirWand gets most of the water off large surfaces *fast*. You can obscure part of the outlet slot with your free hand to concentrate its airflow, but doing tight spots/nooks and crannies is not its forte; for that the MB or a compressor would be better.

And yeah, holding it takes some experience; as I`ve often posted I hardly ever hold it in the seemingly obvious way.

Mangustaman- Noting that I was fully prepared to write it off as a waste of money, I bet I used mine well over a dozen times before I decided it was not just a gimmick. And I sure used it a *LOT* more than that before I got my technique with it fully dialed in. Heh heh, I guess I can understand if somebody doesn`t want to futz around with it innumerable times, but I really am glad that I did- I *NEVER* wash without it and the few times I`ve tried reinforced how much I like it. But hey, that`s just me...

Post Thanks / Like

The wand worked great on flat surfaces, however, for mirrors, taillights, wheels, it just did not have the power. maybe I will switch to a small nozzle after to finish the job. BTW tried Aquawax for the first time as a drying agent, really liked this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangustaman View Post
    The wand worked great on flat surfaces, however, for mirrors, taillights, wheels, it just did not have the power..
    Covering part of the outlet didn`t help any? Eh, for some jobs you do simply need something that better concentrates the airflow.

Thread Information