Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I think that most of that stuff is junk.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    I try, but nevertheless, I looked up a similar products. And it litterally comes with a 5 year warantee. Of course, I wonder what they consider "protection"

http://www.sparkleauto.com/r2000.html
    I have used the R2000 by dupont..
    I can say this about it, it is very easy on and easy off.. and it does last about a year. ( at least it did on my wifes car ) I admit i don`t clean her car but maybe once a year.. as far as detailing it..
    however I do use this and can say that it is worth the money car still beads after a year and is very easy to use.

But her car was treated when brand new as is suggested by manufacturer as well as there fabric protection.. maybe thats why it works so well.. You do have to reapply once a year. the cars finish still looks new after 2 1/2 years of using it.
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to see that stuff inside car dealers where they had one side of the hood done and the other side not done it looked like they just applied a acrylic or Synthetic sealent topped with carnuba and left the other side squeeky so it felt smooth and people would thing it repels rust and other stuff.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I first came across it working at a Saturn dealership.. I really liked working with it.. i agree they charged rediculouse amounts of money for it but the product is worth the $6.95 you pay for a 8oz bottle and as I said it leaves a really nice gloss shine and very easy to work with.. I`ll stand by this product. I have used others that are very difficult to use and do not last. But I do like the R2000 by Dupont. You can layer this over other waxes and silicone based products and fills swirls in very nicely.. Overall I give this product a thumbs up..
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    So realistically, you could do a full job. Put on a nice low-carnauba wax, and then R2000. And that would give you the looks, and the protection.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I did to my wifes car and it works great... I realy like the R2000
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    That might be something to consider for my family cars that I dont feel like waxing all the time.

/edit - How much extra would you charge to do a car with R2000? Considering its so expensive for such a small bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are great! Thanks for the awesome input on these products. I am now a detailcity addict.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at $6.95 a bottle i only charge a extra $20 included in a full detail or $40 for a wash and wax.. no where close to the dealers. The Saturn dealer i worked for 5 years ago charged $350 just for the sealant and fabric protection way over priced considering that it is roughly $25 dolaars for material and about 30 min labor.. Keep in mind that was 5 years ago...
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    Granite state,

does it really last 5 years and if it doesnt does the warranty cover the re-application? have you ever had to deal with the company regarding a warranty claim?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    No no, the R2000 is guaranteed for 1 year. And thats still reasonble for a DECENT product. This thing may be costly for one application, but its a heck of a deal.

The downside is, some of my clients might go take a powerwasher point-blank to their paint to clean it. And there goes the R2000, straight down the drain. And then they think I ripped them off.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cpc r-2000 paint sealant claims to have a 5 year warranty per their website and sparkleauto.com. This warranty is also for their interior protectant. Just curious to where you read that it only has a one year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    As well as most warranties you must maintain the upkeep of the product it does carry a 5 year warranty with a reapllication each year.. however if you use it sparingly 1 bottle will do a avg size car twice... it`s really watery and goes on very easily... a little goes a long way... If I find the warranty info I will post it for you.. I believe sparkleauto has a link so you can read the warranty info also...... I have never had to deal with the warranty co. not a bad thing..
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teflon Paint Sealant W/ 5 Year Warrant

Old thread here but just my $.02 worth. We charged $350 for a brand new Black Dodge 2500 4X4 MegaCab to do the R-2000. It took three of us about and hour to do it. One coat with the Cleaner let stand for 15 minutes until nicely hazed over, then rub off just like you would do with a wax. Then two coats of the Sealant. This vehicle was harder to do because of the color.

J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information