Post Thanks / Like

2 Buckets are better than 1

What a difference using 2 buckets make versus only using 1 !!! If you are still only using 1 bucket for a wash you need to see what dirt and grim is staying in your wash water, and potentially staying on your mitt and going right back onto your car...

The blue bucket is my soap bucket, and the yellow bucket is my mitt-rinse bucket. I knew that the yellow bucket would have a lot of dirt, but I was amazed that the blue bucket had absolutely no dirt showing up. This should convince you to use the 2 bucket method and rinse out your mitt frequently and definitely before putting it back into your soap bucket.
    * 17 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 - Granite Metallic
    * 06 Honda Civic LX - Royal Blue Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 Buckets are better than 1

Wow! What kind of soap was in the blue bucket? This is a great thread to show that the 2 bucket method is the way to go!
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Two or more buckets is the way to go when using a traditional bucket wash. Even more insurance is to use more than one mitt, and change your mitts out often. I use more than one rinse bucket during my wash, whether it be with the foam gun or the traditional way. Very nice post.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

budman3 - Used PB SS&S (is there anything else?).

JaredPointer - I agree...the more mitts the better. Last evening my wife wanted her Liberty washed and I finally relented only after she agreed to help, but, I dropped my 2nd sheepskin mitt on the gravel driveway and didn`t want to mess with rinsing it, etc.

Something else I noticed, but had nothing to do with this thread - in between these 2 washes I replaced my old, broken water softener, which feeds the outside faucets (!), and the suds`ing was out-of-this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff thanks for posting pics of this.
    Sometimes it`s hard for people to imagine how much dirt is coming off the mitt until you see it in a seperate bucket, and then you see how clean the soap bucket is.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

nice job, the 2 bucket method blows the 1 outa the park. If you really worried (not sayig you are just a sug.) you caould alwys throw a grit gaurd in the soap bucketso that anything that is left on the mit is craped off and left at the bottem of the bucket neer to bother you again. But yes the 2 bucket methoid is mans best investion, even more so then the wheel (jk)
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent post!!!

If I were not already a two bucket man I certainly would consider implimenting this program. This is a good post for all the non believers!!!

Thanks!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this may be the first photographic endorsement I`ve seen. Not much I can add other than to agree that a picture is worth a thousand posts. I doubt that there are many here that you will be able to convert since most already use at least two buckets (I`m a 3 bucket man myself - 4 if you count the dedicated tire and wheel bucket ), but if anyone was sitting on the fence on the topic, I would guess that this would give them more than a nudge to move to the 2 bucket side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    I think this may be the first photographic endorsement I`ve seen. Not much I can add other than to agree that a picture is worth a thousand posts. I doubt that there are many here that you will be able to convert since most already use at least two buckets (I`m a 3 bucket man myself - 4 if you count the dedicated tire and wheel bucket ), but if anyone was sitting on the fence on the topic, I would guess that this would give them more than a nudge to move to the 2 bucket side.
    It`s only been a couple months that I`ve been using 2 buckets, and only after I noticed following a wash at how dark the water was that I was squeezing out of my wash mit. I put 2+2 together and came up with 4 (math was always a strong point of mine) and figured that I was transfering the dirt from the car to the mitt to the wash water and back to the mitt and the car. Didn`t seem like much of a wash...

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you proved yourself right.

Add a second rinse bucket, and you`ll be further amazed at how dirty the second rinse bucket can get. I`ve even dumped both rinse buckets and filled with fresh 1/2 way around a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Well, you proved yourself right.

Add a second rinse bucket, and you`ll be further amazed at how dirty the second rinse bucket can get. I`ve even dumped both rinse buckets and filled with fresh 1/2 way around a vehicle.
    To continue my scientific experiment...I`ll probably wash my daughters car tonight which is going on about 3 weeks without being touched, so it should be as dirty as my car was that resulted in my original pics. I`ll use the 3 bucket method and post pics...

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with the 2 bucket wash method. before I use to use the 1 bucket wash thingy and after I started using the 2 bucket wash method, I would never go back to using only 1 bucket wash method.

Thread Information