Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy another buffer(rotary) related query

another buffer related query
    i got one question about the buffers to which i have found no answers yet, which is : what has to be done in tight spots like for instance the back vertical part of the trunk where you got small areas that still need to be polished, but where a buffer with an 8 inches pad wouldnt fit flat on the surface ?

Do you A do those tight spots by hand, or B use a DA, since a DA will actually produce better results then by hand.

Or C do you use the buffer(i mean a rotary buffer here by the way) but tilting the pad to fit the area ? I think i`ve seeen that once, which is that some people tilt the buffer to reach those small areas, but not 100% sure, and not that sure it is a god practice, but on the other hand, it`s no miracle the spot has to be done, one way or the other, and i wonder what it would look the do parts with the buffer then, use a DA on some other parts of the car.

I`m not looking down on anyone`s technique, or or arguing them whatsoever, as im in fact here to learn and im very opened to others opinions

take care all !!

:p

Post Thanks / Like
    Chip,
    When I get to areas that are to tight I usually do them with my hand. This takes awhile to match the rest but it gets the job done.
    I haved also used a DA there and ended up cutting the pad on an emblem or something everytime. Now I just stand back and decide what is more important at the time. (my hand or my time)
    I treat them all like they are my very own.

Post Thanks / Like

ardetailing

Thanks for that prompt reply.........i`ll try that next time, i mean stand back and just ask myself what s more important........it might just work all my problems out

take care buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Just use your brain and you will be able to figure out the proper solution not every problem is the same there are no set in concrete rules. Experience is a great teacher but will usually cost more. Do I try and go around this emblem and take the chance that it will go flying or do it by hand? been there done that glued the emblem back on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do stuff like that by hand Then I follow with a small tooth brush to get all the compound resedue off I dont use the buffer on emblem as it can jerk the buffer rip your pads or damage the emblem (Worst Case). For nicks and crannys try useing the side of the Buffer pad make sure to have a very good grip of the buffer at a slower speed also make sure the side of the pad has compound because usally only the bottom has compound which will only make swirls useing a dry pad.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Thread Information