Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boss_429
    Steve,

Is that a mixture of 60% QD+ and 40% S & W? Also, does that mean that you won`t be selling the QD+ in it`s current formula?

I just go done trying a mixture of 50% S & W and 50% Platinum QD that worked really nice as a final QD, but obviously, won`t have the added benefit of adding some carnauba to the finish. Therefore, I`m really interested in the 60/40 mix.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss other way around....60 Spray and Wipe% 40 QD+%

I`ve had requests to thin it out ...so a sprayer will work better....personally I like the formula as it stands I just don`t like my sprayers and since I have quite a few thousand of them ..they`re no gong anyhere yet..lol

Natty sent me to Wally World for some little sprayers...first time I didn`t find them last time I found these 2 ounce sprayers .50 cents that put out such a fine mist of the product , that it works as originally intended with minimal product....might have to buy them and give them with the bottle...need to find the mfg. of the bottles.

Hope you had a good time fishing
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Thanks Steve!

Yep, now that I think about it, I probably won`t dilute the QD+ much, as I like the thought of it "replenishing" the finish, more than QDing the finish.......... I`ll use straight S & W for heavy QDing, and S & W mixed with another QD for the light/final QDing. I might go with 75% QD+, and 25% S & W.

Anyhow, Natty and I had a nice time fishing.............. or should I say......... attempting to catch fish! Natty was saying nice things about my truck.......... but he was just being nice, as it didn`t look that good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss you are too funny...Natty said you could operate on your truck it`s soooooooo clean...now if you had only one product on the whole thing...roflmao:p

Boss_429
    Steve,

Well, to be honest, as soon as I got home from fishing, I did a quick S & W of the truck, and then topped the EX, with another coat of Trade Secret............. let it set for a while, and QD`ed with a mix of 50% S & W and 50% Platinum QD. Then, Sunday morning, I lightly QD`ed again, and added another coat of Trade Secret......... let it set for a while again, and QD`ed with the 50/50 mix.

NOW it`s starting to look pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like
    roflmao...you have way tooo much spare time..fishing..and then cleaning too

I guess someday my kids will grow up

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have to try the S&W / Platinum QD mix. FWIW...I also really like Mother`s Showtime QD. It is extremely inexpensive, pretty slick and leaves a great shine. I like it better than any Meg`s QD I`ve ever used.

Try using S&W/water mixed 50/50 as a clay lube. Works great!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429
    Natty,

Yep, I agree, the Showtime works great over either the EX, or the Trade Secret........... and most other products for that matter. Have you tried a mix of the S & W with Showtime?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Boss, send us some pics!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Boss_429
    Tass,

Well, I don`t have one of those fancy dancy digital cameras (need to get on), so it will have to wait until I take a few pics with a regular camera, and get them put on CD.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have a simpler plan. Fly to Oklahoma, detail my car, and then I can see the fruits of your labor in person!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Well I have a simpler plan. Fly to Oklahoma, detail my car, and then I can see the fruits of your labor in person!
    I highly doubt that Mrs. Boss will go for that vacation

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Hmmm.............. is there a trout stream anywhere nearby? Wait a minute..... Oklahoma........... do you live anywhere near Dave Whitlock? Sorry Tass, another inside humor that probably only Natty will get.

Anyhow, from the looks of your work that I`ve seen, you certainly don`t need me to come down there......... you`re doing fine on your own. When I was your age, I was a "detailing machine"! Looks like you`re in the same boat!

However, if I`m ever down in that neck of the woods, I`ll stop by and give you some ole timer hints!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff you are an abundance of information

I guessed that but you confirmed it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information