Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, gravity feed is a no-go (?????)

Pressure Washers........Gravity fees does not work for me. When I fire up the pressure washer, and pull the trigger on the wand, it pulsates. high/low/high/low........
    I got everything bolted down, lines ran.....etc.....
    The line coming from the tank, is almost even with the inlet on the pressure washer pump. I know that is probably the reason, but it is just frustrating....

So here is my question(s).
    1. Should I buy a pump? If so, WHICH ONE? Link? Picture?
    2. Should I lift the tank (Again)? I have it sitting on on 4x4`s now, but didn`t think it was high enough, so I added 2x4`s on top of that. Total of 6 inches off the trailer .
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pics of the PW setup...

"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, gravity feed is a no-go (?????)

Tex..your setup looks good....but can I make a suggestion I would turn the PW so the pump is not facing that direction...reason being it leaves it unprotected from mishaps....put the pump facing the water tank so that way it is sorta protected ......

That housing is just cast aluminum and can snap very easy...like a mishap backing up...or any thing...a garage door...LOL..but leaving like that will cause a problem later down the road...

Also when you tried it did you crack the cap to vent it so a flow will be created...

here is a type of pump that may be useful to u..the one shown is broke ..but used pic for a idea of what to look for

http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-MARINE-UTILI...QQcmdZViewItem

hope this helps you

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried it with the cap off, it may not be getting enough air for the water to flow.
    I had a similar problem with a boat, the vent got clogged and it starved the engine of fuel.

Good luck

Your setup is looking real good

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Just went out to vent the cap....did the same thing. So, I dedcided to look at something. I disconnected the hose from the pressure washer, and opened the valve wide open. The water was really sluggish coming out. So....I took the valve off completely (only the hose from the tank)......and it had garden hose pressure. So here is what I found. The shut-off valve is too restrictive. I took it off to look at it, and the water has to go through half a circle.
    Pics......
    Valve is FULLY OPEN,,,,

I`ll be off to Lowes to get a new one tomorrow. Better try that before sinking money in a pump.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Before buying a pump....loosen the cap on the tank. Air lock going to the pump could be causing the problem.If this is teh case drill a 1/2" hole in the cap.
    Also,direct drive pump must be primed(remember they are meant to be force fed not pull water)...i.e. before you start the machine pull the trigger on the gun and make sure water is coming out.Then start the machine.(this purges any air in you pressure hosee)
    Check all fitting and make sure they are tight.Air leaks will also cause pulsation.
    You should be able to force feed this machine from the tank with the amount of waster you have in it.
    I agree turn the machine.
    Try these things ASAP and if tehy don`t work call me.I`ll try and walk you through it to see if we can get you running properly.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

AL,
    I mounted it at that angle, to get a straight hose from the tank to the washer. I wanted to have the shortest hose to the washer. I will probably move it in just a few inches though. I will be having sides put on the trailer also, with expanded metal in betweent the "rails". If not, I will have a half cage built around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought of using a ball valve. You know by looking at it whether it`s wide open or not and they are designed for full flow.

JMHO
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Get a white PVC ball valve like the one below.Also,There is a pic of my toy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

will be picking one up tomorrow.

Nice rig. Do I see a hot water washer???

Was also thinking of a top rack like yours. Save a little space with ladders and canopy......

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we have hot water .We are a pressure washing company residential/commercial concrete and buildings,as well as,fleetwashers...Trucks,trailers,buses and we do chemical roof cleaning.About $8k in this rig and I still want/need more toys for it to work faster and more profitable.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Ever heard of "Hotsy"? I imagine so...I stopped at their shop today to BS and get a look at their rigs they were selling. Pretty pricey, but VERY well set-up. I could only dream of owning a FULL set-up like yours. Down the road though. I will have bigger trailer. I thought the 4x8 was going to PLENTY big. I am finding out that it will be tight. When I mount a generator, it will take up the rest of the rear...............

Until then I to your trailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`m gonna PM you........................

Post Thanks / Like

Hotsy machines are nice and yes very pricey.The thing about most hot water skids and pressure washers in general is...the manufacturers all use basically the same parts with different frame set-ups.
    Yes,trailer space does run out quickly.Our`s is 6`6" x12" and I wish it was 14` at times.I hoping to go to a 7` x 14` enclosed in the fall.The weather really takes a toll on the equipment if you don`t keep it covered.
    Our rig is a mess right now,we have had the busiest Jan - Feb in 4 yrs.I haven`t had time to keep thing clean but that`s a good thing.I beats having it spotless because we have a lot of down time.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Eddie
    I`m gonna PM you........................

Got it...replied....I`ll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Just kind of an after thought... but did you water seal those boards before you put everything together?
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information