Post Thanks / Like

interior/exterior

what do you ppl feel is more important in a properly detailed car. I know both need to be done and i do but i like to think the inside is more important as its what i have to sit in. I hate sitting in a dirty car makes me fell like im sitting on a pile of dirt.
    my second question is which do you have more fun cleaning. I love the exterior its fun but i really love the cracks and cranies of my interior. I LOVE to clean the inside of my car and open the door and look at the job. So i ask you which is more important and which do you like more. Please pick one dont just say both thats not fun.. unless you have a reason
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: interior/exterior

I love paintwork the best.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the aim of the detail. If you`re doing it for yourself then spending more time on the dash making it perfect and making everything smell like leather (or your choice of smell). That way the stuff you see and interact with the most is perfect. If you are trying to impress co-workers or people who won`t be going inside the car then you`ll want to concentrate more on the paint, that`s what they`ll see. If you`re trying to impress a member of the opposite sex (as some of us do) then you`ll want to do everything freakishly well, everything should be smooth enough to satisfy the Fuzz.

If you`re about to get some custom work then make sure the motor is spotless as well. It will send the message to the guys (or gals) doing the work that you only accept the best work, they`ll try even harder than they would normally, they know that you`ll take care of it.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally prefer to do interiors, which is unusual in this business. I asked my guys which they preferred, everyone said exterior.

Post Thanks / Like

Exterior for me, but as Tubafeak said if it`s my own car I love keeping the interior looking great. I don`t care for windows at all.
    Danny J. Whitehead

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the interior. Seems to be my stong point...NEXT TO doing the engine bay...my Favorite......
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Personally they both have merits to me...what really depends on for me is how dirty/bad they are and how I can turn them around......I get great satisfaction from taking a real trashed car and giving it the WOW FACTOR!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I am with most here in that i think they are both equally important. The interior is an easier task than the outside. However the outside seems to be easier to maintain. I like them both to look great.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

I started this thread by saying that i love to do interiors, I have to retrack this statement. I recently got hooked on claying my car, i love the feeling of a freshly clayed car. Its so soft. also i love the look of a nice shiny black car. I am so hooked i have done my 5 cars as well as a few others just to have that fresh feeling. I am no saying i like exteriors a lot more
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Exterior. Unless the interior is just a complete mess with scuff marks and stains all over, a vacuum and dust job can pretty much take care of it, which anyone can do. For the amount of extra work, it just doesn`t show any great difference. I really love to make the exterior look better then the customer has probably ever seen it, or at least remembered it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like doing exteriors for a few reasons. I am able to bring a shine back to neglected cars, make them smoooth, clean and they look great. I get the most comments on exterior by far aswell. Interiors are also nice for the customers because they sit in it as said above. But i`ll spend most of my time on the paint work.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

In bed with your wife 2005Accord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

interior for me. I can do it in an hour or less (on my car at least) and it stays cleaner longer. I enjoy the exterior but i know pollen will settle or a dog will pee on my tire. If a dog pees on the interior, i`d be ticked off. :evil: :nutkick

Thread Information