Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up EX on Clearcoated Wheels

Just did the EX on my clearcoated
    {body color} wheels on my Vette,made a heck of a difference. I could never achieve the right look on these wheels and now Iam happy!!!
    PS-Sorry I don`t have a camara to post some pics,but I will try to borrow one.

Jimmy
    1996 Corvette Collector Edition
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been tempted to wax the wheels on Vettes. Especially the C5s. The factory brake pads are absolutely horrid, and they dust like crazy.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Tassadar I know what you mean about those brake pads. I hesitated applying the EX on the wheels because I haven`t had much success with other products on those wheels. Ex DID make a heck of a difference,try it.
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to now.

Im tempted to try Megs #6 Cleaner followed by Megs #26 Yellow Wax. Only reason im considering it is because the majority of the waxing and polishing supplies I have are going to be Megs.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your leaning towards the Megs especially if that is what you have on hand. I also use Megs with success.
    I went to the Poorboys products on my Vette because I wasn`t satisfied with the results I was getting on that Sebring Silver color. Poorboys brought out the extra "pop" I was looking for. I tried it on the wheels this am and dam if it didn`t help them out too.
    Jimmy
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy, I have a silver truck that I just clayed, polished with Hi-Temp light cut and applied UPP. Looks good, but I`d like just a bit more shine (that elusive pop). What was your process on the forementioned Sebring Silver Vette?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    rtbrick, Your pewter pick up looks good.
    On my Vette I was a Zanio user but the silver just didn`t pop out. So after reading some reports of Poorboys I tried it. Washed with Dawn,clayed{fortunatly I had no swirls or anything of that nature}
    applied Poorrboys Professional Polish per directions and two layers of EX. Looked real nice! Again I was stunned on the effect Poorboys had on the painted/coated wheels. They where somewhat dull looking before but not now.Hope this helps.
    Jimmy
    PS-Sure wish I could post some pics.
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Boss_429
    It will be interesting to hear how the EX holds up on the wheels. As most products with carnauba in them are short-lived on hot wheels, and tend to attract a bit more dust. Then again, the EX has some polymers in there that may withstand the heat.

I`ve found that the straight synthetics like Zaino, Klasse and UPP seem to hold up longer on wheels.

As for the Pro Polish/EX combo............ I had a chance to try mine yesterday, and I was very impressed with the results. Can`t wait to get the whole truck done, and get about 3 layers of the EX on their, and maybe top it with some Trade Secret. I`ll probably invest in some SSR1 for next spring to get those "winter swirls" off the truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AIO and am very happy for a a week or 2
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey Boss, You bring up a valid point that I hadn`t thought of. The Zanio held up well on those wheels but the shine is much better now with the EX. It will be interesting to see how it does with the heat aspect.
    Jimmy
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using EX on my chrome wheels for the last couple of months with great success. I don`t even consider how long it will or won`t last as I`m going to put on a new coat every month anyway....at least once a month. All I consider is how it looks after I`ve applied it and the EX looks fantastic on my wheels.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Boss_429
    Yep, for the warm weather months, the EX may look, and hold up fine, and re-applying once a month wouldn`t be a problem for me. However, I wish I could apply a coat of anything to the my chrome wheels during the winter months, but can`t. With all the salt and crap they put on the roads here, I`m always looking for a product that will protect my chrome wheels from pitting and rusting through the winter months. So far, Zaino and Klasse AIO/SG have been the only products that have held up through the winter months. This winter, I`ll be trying a few coats of UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the EX looks great on wheels. I also like the UPP, but EX has something that just really looks the wheels look slightly better IMO. This weekend I am going to paint my calipers and plan on doing an all out wheel detail. Thinking of claying, AIO, UPP, and then EX. Probably not even neccessary but we will see.

Boss_429
    Hmmm.......... maybe I`ll top the UPP or Zaino on my wheels with EX! Best of both worlds!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m amazed at some of the results and uses you guys get....

I`m not going to give away any secrets...but the original label said

AminoFunctional Resin with Carnuba

....just remember what the base is...the Carnuba is a very small fraction of the product

Now you guys are going to make me do my wheels...aren`t you
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information