Post Thanks / Like

Question Poorboys Natural Look

I was just wondering if PB`s NL is also a conditioner it says its safe to use on leather and seats. I was juts wondering do I still need to condition the leather?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Natural Look

Wish I could answer that question. I do not have or used that particular product.

Welcome to DC!

I see that this is your first post. In this particular case I would have entered this question in the Poorboy`s forum for a direct answer from the vendor. Steve will most likely see it anyhow.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

i was under the impression that its safe on coated leather but not on uncoated leather.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    I was just wondering if PB`s NL is also a conditioner it says its safe to use on leather and seats. I was juts wondering do I still need to condition the leather?
    No it doesn`t have the conditioners that Leather Stuff has. IF you have a late model vehicle 1980`s and up, then chances are your seats are coated leather and don`t really need a conditioner. Coated seats are non-porus and all you can do for them is clean them and use a dressing as a protectant against the sun.

...and yes it can be used on uncoated seats too
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have used NL on leather it looks really good I want to try LS next to renew the leather smell in my car but NL has a great smell to it too. :eat:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    I have used NL on leather it looks really good I want to try LS next to renew the leather smell in my car but NL has a great smell to it too. :eat:
    Ditto. I really like the look of NL on tires and the interior. It`s a very easy product to use, applies even, has decent durability, and a nice scent. I used to be a BnB addict, but I think I like to look of NL a bit better. (Both are excellent products IMO).

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are only 2 products I have that I tell everybody they "must have" no matter what preferences they develop later on. One is Klass AIO. The other is Poorboys NL.

I think PB NL is great (had a thread stating so, but it got closed down ! )
    I have to spray some in the air vents like some guys suggested; since it`s more thick and viscous, I wasn`t sure that`s a good idea. PB NL is not a fine mist when you spray it but I guess a quick spritz in the vent can`t hurt anything. Worst case, it`ll be blown back into my face !!

BTW, I didn`t notice the other thread I started got closed down until after it got shut down. That`s why I didn`t respond during all the back-and-forth. But the other stuff didn`t interest me; my reason for creating that thread and posting here was just to alert people to a great, water-based, cost-effective product that I am happy to say I have plenty in stock to last me all year, even using it every few weeks on a bunch of cars.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    Ditto. I really like the look of NL on tires and the interior. It`s a very easy product to use, applies even, has decent durability, and a nice scent. I used to be a BnB addict, but I think I like to look of NL a bit better. (Both are excellent products IMO).
    Will NL last long on a tire? Can something water-based keep a tire black-looking?
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HondaMan
    There are only 2 products I have that I tell everybody they "must have" no matter what preferences they develop later on. One is Klass AIO. The other is Poorboys NL.
    This is quite a statement. KAIO is one of my greatest discoveries. I`m still in the testing phase of NL.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HondaMan
    Will NL last long on a tire? Can something water-based keep a tire black-looking?

Yes it can keep them black but the durability is really low. Any type of water from a light sprinkle or light rain would make the NL or Bold N` Bright wash off. Also im sure that NL will be better on your trim then tires. :yes: just stick to NL on your trim. I know members use the NL on anything rubber vinyls plastic. But if there is another pooroby product to try on your tires it would be the Trim restorer, becasue it offer longer durability. :yes: even is the name says it for trim.

Post Thanks / Like

NL on tires

I think the look is great. They stayed at that low gloss sheen for a while but didn`t really stand up to any sort of weather. HOWEVER, even though washed off, the tires stayed black, no browning...which is a plus in my book. It works great on trim, too (pictured as well).

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, how would you compare the INITIAL black-look of PB NL to, let`s say, Maguiars Hot Tire Spray (or something similar if you`ve never used Maguiars).

I like the Hot Tire Spray because it`s easy to spray on. After spending hours on the rest of car, when I get to the wheels, I don`t want to fanagle with sponges and crap. I want to hit it with an aerosol can and be done in 45 seconds per tire !!!

Post Thanks / Like

HondaMan: Hot Shine would have more shine to it.

Why don`t you do the tires BEFORE you fanagle with the rest of the car?

Post Thanks / Like

In responce to is it any good on leather well I have used it on late ,bmw,porshe when the price is right for the job.
    My feelings are that it gives the correct look not too flashy I dont bother conditioning after that I dont think the product will go much deaper any way.
    All in all its a good product In I wouldnt use it on wash and hoover cheap jobs but for detailing work where the price is higher I give it a go.
    Its far too expensive for tyres I have two products one water based and the other a silicone type for me the best way to apply is with a paint brush.
    Jaymondo.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don`t you do the tires BEFORE you fanagle with the rest of the car?
    I usually do the wheels after I do the entire exterior and usually most if not all of the interior.

Can`t do it before the exterior is done !

Thread Information