Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caring for Red

Post Thanks / Like

Caring for Red

Hey guys/girls. Quick question for ya....how hard is red to care for? I"m looking at a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 in Torch Red and was wondering how hard it is to care for red. My mom used to have a red minivan but way before I got into hardcore detailing so I haven`t dealt with a red car before. I have only detailed maroon/dark cherry red cars/trucks. For the past 7 years I have been trying to keep black cars looking good so going to a different color is going to be a big change for me. Just wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Caring for Red

I can tell you that red is the first color in the spectrum to oxidize. It`s a scientific fact. So if you don`t take care of it then it will look like crap. However, that is the case with any car. If you don`t take care of white then it will look like crap too. I say get it. If I had a show car then it would be red. That has to be one of my favorite colors when it is all shined up. If Subaru had a decent red for the Legacy then I would have bought it. Dark blue is my second favorite color, so I settled for that. Still I say get it because if you keep it sealed and polished then it will really be an attention getter.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had at least one Red or one Black car for many years. We kind of alternate.
    It doean`t seem to really be any different to take care of Red or Black other than the way Black show all the dirt and every little paint flaw.
    If you have had good luck with Black, you won`t have any problem with Red.
    My gallery has several pictures of my wife`s 2000 GTP. The pictures are from 2004, but it looks the same today. It has Klasse AIO and 4 Star UPP on it in the pictures.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUBigDog05
    Hey guys/girls. Quick question for ya....how hard is red to care for? I"m looking at a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 in Torch Red and was wondering how hard it is to care for red. My mom used to have a red minivan but way before I got into hardcore detailing so I haven`t dealt with a red car before. I have only detailed maroon/dark cherry red cars/trucks. For the past 7 years I have been trying to keep black cars looking good so going to a different color is going to be a big change for me. Just wondering what you all think. Thanks in advance
    I know how you feel, I too care for the Color of my Mustang. But you should be ok as long as you follow what people in this or any Detail forum do. The redundant wax, glaze,polish, QD.seaqlant & trim care will keep you Pony looking GOOD!

Post Thanks / Like

if you want a bright finish use a sealer or if you want a deep look use a good polish followed by a carnuba... the 34 was done with a sealer applied by rotary at low speed and my pickup has polish followed by a liquid carnuba applied by rotary
    Attached Images Attached Images
    back in buisness baby

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I find red nice because it doesn`t show marring as nearly as much as black or dark blue. Unlike yellow, which also oxidizes badly, red shoots back dramatically. It is easy to care for, but you must stay on top of it.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the tips. As far as caring for it, OF COURSE I`m going to keep it looking good and of course I will keep on top of it. I will even get to garage it every day since my parents refuse to park in the garage for some strange reason!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2004 torch red mustang its no problem at all like everyone said just have to be on top of things only thing is swirls are somewhat more noticeable but not as bad as black ( I also have a 2005 mustang gt black on black) go for it get the red stang you will love it ! :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

Torch red is not my first choice but I can`t find a Mach 1 in the other colors I want with less than 10K miles for the price Im willing to pay. The Azure Blue is my first choice with Dark Shadow Gray falling in close 2nd with Torch Red coming in 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a while to get use to but I can tell you this throw a 20% tint and a set of nice wheels the car will look hot! thats what I did to mine and it looks alot different. the tint really made the car look good.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red looks great on the Mustang, but remember that it also attracts tickets :ermm: hmy: :w00t: I really would love to have a red car but the way my wife drives:no:
    Don`t worry about keeping it up, I`m sure you`ll be fine:yes:
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sure like red!! You can really get it glowing!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    It takes a while to get use to but I can tell you this throw a 20% tint and a set of nice wheels the car will look hot! thats what I did to mine and it looks alot different. the tint really made the car look good.

Those are defintely on my list of mods. As far as tint, I think I`m going to do 15% on the sides and 20% on the rear. I had 20% on the rear of my last Mustang and it was dark enough not to see in very well but also light enough so I could still see when backing up at night. I"ve already been checking out the 18" Mach 1 wheels with the deep dish in the rear..they look sick! The Mach I am looking at already has a MGW shifter so I would just like to add the Roush lever and a T-handle shifter knob. Exhaust will be first on the list...either SLP Loudmouth catback or Flowmaster American Thunder system. The Mach I want doesn`t have the interior upgrade package so I will be adding a majority of the IUP pieces except for the bulky headrests. Eventually it will get a coilover suspension and the red Bullitt brake calipers and slotted/drilled rotors. I want to keep it looking close to stock as possible but also make it MINE and not look like everyone else`s Mustangs.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you are going to have a hot looking car but I think 20% tint all around is the way to go. I have it on my stang like that and I don`t have a problem at night and yes red cars do have a glow to them and Steve I have my stang almost a year now with no tickets! almost got one the other night I was on Rt59 between west nyack and nanuet going up the hill by the red light doing 120+ and almost blew by clarkstowns finest not a good thing! I still don`t know why he didn`t stop me :chair: good luck I guess ! good luck with your stang!!!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are one very lucky guy Harry....they would have locked you up and towed your car for going that fast. Lucky for you most of Clarkstowns finest are too busy talking on their cell phones to be bothered

If I remember from my last trip to Myrtle Beach , that the cops there are pretty active since there are so many tourists, and would it be wise to make the tint that dark and put on a louder exhaust?
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information