Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: specialty wax

Post Thanks / Like

Question specialty wax

Is their such a thing as specialty wax? A person who i detail for said that their paint can only handle some waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: specialty wax

Chip

Once again your question is so vague its hard to tell what you are asking.....define what you mean by specialty wax?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what Beemer said. Sounds to me though like this customer is a Zymol user...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sorry, I left that out. They said their cars need a special kind of wax so it doesn`t remove the clear- coat.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know what they mean by specialty wax. I was hoping someone else would know.

Post Thanks / Like

Your customer is ill-informed. Wax won`t remove clearcoat.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

CHIP

That`s a line someone has fed them....any decent wax that has a cleaner will remove what`s on the surface of the clear, but really not remove any of the clear....However removing some of the clear is how you get the swrils out of the car.....its a common procedure in detailing...this is not done with wax....more aggressive products like polish and swril removers will do that and mostly always by machine....this is not bad its a way of keeping the clear swril free
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if my question was hard to understand, I am a little tired.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe your customer has had a dealer applied sealant that will only last forever if it is kept up with the "specialty wax" from the dealer.
    The Auto Armor process has a bottle of wax that they supply to each customer for use as needed. They also recommend bringing your vehicle in periodically for another professional application.
    Auto Armor may be overpriced, but at least they don`t try to tell you it is a 5 year product. The Auto Armor outlet in this area does very good work.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    Yeah, what Beemer said. Sounds to me though like this customer is a Zymol user...
    speaking of zymol a coworker was to tell me zymol wax can last upto 1 year. whats your opinion on this? I doubt it very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Maybe your customer has had a dealer applied sealant that will only last forever if it is kept up with the "specialty wax" from the dealer.
    The Auto Armor process has a bottle of wax that they supply to each customer for use as needed. They also recommend bringing your vehicle in periodically for another professional application.
    Auto Armor may be overpriced, but at least they don`t try to tell you it is a 5 year product. The Auto Armor outlet in this area does very good work.

Charles

I think I heard them say something about that, but at the time I didn`t know what they meant so I just did what they said. At least I know now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    speaking of zymol a coworker was to tell me zymol wax can last upto 1 year. whats your opinion on this? I doubt it very much.
    I`ve never used it myself, but I would bet that it lasts no longer, no shorter than any other carnauba. Remember, Turtle Wax claims that Hard Shell lasts a year . One of my Dad`s friends uses Zymol and actually believes that because it says "Japon" on the label it is the best and only wax for Japanese cars...that`s why I mentioned it.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used several different kinds of Zymol. It usually lasts a month or two depending on weather. Not the most durable LSP for sure, but I like the results.

However, I know what Sherman is talking about. Zymol has different formulas for different car makes. There`s one for Porsche, another for Japanese cars, another for Ferraris and several more. They all have different formulas, but I can`t say what if any advantages they might offer over a general wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in the jar (ok, definetly 1 year in the jar). If anything lasts a year that doesn`t need to be applied in a spray booth then sign me up, sounds like great stuff. Seriously though, they trust their local zymol rep way too much.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    I`ve never used it myself, but I would bet that it lasts no longer, no shorter than any other carnauba. Remember, Turtle Wax claims that Hard Shell lasts a year . One of my Dad`s friends uses Zymol and actually believes that because it says "Japon" on the label it is the best and only wax for Japanese cars...that`s why I mentioned it.
    So Zymol is a made by turtle wax this was another thing he disputes.
    i should start a new thread on my coworkers. another thing since sliced bread is to throw corn starch on black cars after waxing i guess it is a cure all even if that was old school products have come a long way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information