Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning interior plastics?

Hello, I am looking to detail the interior of my car but I am not sure what the best products and type of products I need. My interior is all a light grey color so you can see some dirty spots in the color. I also have some stickyness from soda in the cup holders. What type of products would I use to clean the stickyness of the soda and the plastic air vents? I have grey leather interior which also needs to be cleaned and protected. Thanks for the help.

Ps. Can I get any of the products I need from say a pep boys or some store like that instead of ordering over the comp? The reason I ask is because in my area we only have a few nice days coming up and I dont want to have to wait by ordering online. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning interior plastics?

Welcome to the site...for cleaning the soda stain and other stains...I use a APC cleaner that can be brought at Pep Boys....mix it with water 10/1 water to APC....for the tight spots a short hair paint brush can be usefull and for the vents the foam paint brushes can be to....I spray on a towel and then wipe that area using the paint brushes...wipe clean with a new towel and protect..

Leather your limited to Lexol cleaners and protectant they are good over the counter stuff.

Some of the others might have better suggestions about leather conditioners.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

for leather cleaning and conditioning, i use fourstar leather cleaner and fourstar leather conditioner. its a really good product and i recommend it to anyone who is looking for a leather cleaner and conditioner.

for the plastic parts on my car and center console, first i use a diluted solution(6:1) woolite and water. i spray the solution on a microfiber towel and wipe the plastic parts. afterwards, i use either poorboys natural look or aerospace 303 protectant and apply it to the plastic for protection.

both products are good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Interior Quick Detailer is perfect for cleaning plastics and available at Pepboys, but if it is too sticky for IQD to handle use highly diluted Woolite or APC.You can use the Woolite solution (6 parts water:1 part Woolite) to clean the leather, too.
    If you need a Leather conditioner DEFINITELY get Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (tan bottle). Even though it`s made by TW, I find it waaay better than Lexol, which is generally accepted as the king of locally available Leather conditioners. The TW C/C went on/off more easily without making the seats sticky or slippery--just soft. Plus, you can easily find it at Pepboys or target for like 5 bucks. IDK, a lot of people like Lexol but I had bad luck with their stuff--it smells like piss when it`s going on (it doesn`t linger though) and it made the seats a bit sticky.

mrdetail123

to clean plastic use aerosol shampoo and a clean rag, followed by vinyl dressing. done.
    check out RespectTheMullet.com

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use woolite/water mix all the time to clean interiors and leather. Get some 0000 steel wool to scrub out the dirty parts . Its a fine non-scratch scrubbie that works the best for door handles and floor boards.

If you want the best conditioner for leather get the 4* Leather Conditioner. You`ll have to order online . hers where I get mine www.pakshak.com great guy , he`ll take care of you.
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Thread Information