Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $100 for full outside detail?

The person that detailed your truck was probably using products with fillers instead of correcting the paint.
    But I`m sure that a certain amount of improvement was done, where now by doing some reading and with suggestions from other members, you will have your truck looking great in no time.
    Do you know if he clayed it? I read that you asked.

Happy Thanksgiving
    "J"

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

J said he could do swirl removal for $100, but I`m not sure that I could. Take it back, show the results, be kind, see what they offer. If they do you good, be their biggest fan. If they don`t, DIY.
    Brenton Dickieson

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    J said he could do swirl removal for $100, but I`m not sure that I could. Take it back, show the results, be kind, see what they offer. If they do you good, be their biggest fan. If they don`t, DIY.

I agree with PEI, go back and be polite but firm and see what happens. Most likely he`ll do something to correct the problem.

If not after a few searches and post `s here you`ll be a pro in no time..
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like

97FLAIRSIDE
    Where in North Joyseey?
    I am in the Byram/Andover area.
    I am NOT a Pro detailer this is my hobby but I do a damn good job especially on removing swirls/micro scratches. If you can not get satisfaction going the route PEI Detail said
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    J Take it back, show the results, be kind, see what they offer. If they do you good, be their biggest fan. If they don`t, DIY.
    Not sure what they did or used on your truck but what ever they did use it should of never done what you describe

What I can offer you is
    "WE" you and I can take care of this in the spring time....right now I`m in my slow season due to the Holidays and cold weather (it`s just to damn cold for me to play out side)
    "WE" together can use my tool and supples to rid your veh of swirls/ imperfections. I will not do this for Free, and most time I charge the same you paid the other guy, The difference would be I will teach you the right way to remove the imperfections, What a PC can and can NOT do, What the rotary can do and the limitations/dangers of that powerful machine, also I have a Cyclo polisher in my arsenal and you can play with that to get the feel of an oldie but goody machine.

Your call Homie.

So what I can offer you is a full day of learning "how to" with "Hands on training" also benefit of getting your truck very close to a competition show shine.

Rich
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    J Take it back, show the results, be kind, see what they offer. If they do you good, be their biggest fan. If they don`t, DIY.

I agree.........he doesn`t want a bad name and if he`s any kind of a business man?? he`ll fix it right.

Good luck........ :drunk:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beercan31
    97FLAIRSIDE
    Where in North Joyseey?
    I am in the Byram/Andover area.
    I am NOT a Pro detailer this is my hobby but I do a damn good job especially on removing swirls/micro scratches. If you can not get satisfaction going the route PEI Detail said

Not sure what they did or used on your truck but what ever they did use it should of never done what you describe

What I can offer you is
    "WE" you and I can take care of this in the spring time....right now I`m in my slow season due to the Holidays and cold weather (it`s just to damn cold for me to play out side)
    "WE" together can use my tool and supples to rid your veh of swirls/ imperfections. I will not do this for Free, and most time I charge the same you paid the other guy, The difference would be I will teach you the right way to remove the imperfections, What a PC can and can NOT do, What the rotary can do and the limitations/dangers of that powerful machine, also I have a Cyclo polisher in my arsenal and you can play with that to get the feel of an oldie but goody machine.

Your call Homie.

So what I can offer you is a full day of learning "how to" with "Hands on training" also benefit of getting your truck very close to a competition show shine.

Rich
    This is a really nice gesture and i`ve seen other`s on the board offer their help as well. this is a great forum with great people

Post Thanks / Like

Flairside, as others have said take the truck back and explain that you are disappointed that the truck should look that way after only 2 days (heavy rains or not), I am sure that the owner will look to make it right.

I would also look into taking Rich up on his offer, it`s one thing to read about it on the forum, it`s another have someone with you showing you what`s the correct way.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, thanks for the advice. I`ll bring it to him as soon as im off from work during the week. I dont want to wait to long.

But as for detailing it myself. I know the proper techniques. I`ve got all the tools/supplies, its just way to dam cold for me to do it outside. Plus with my schedule its impossible to get it done. I`ve done my old 97 f150 and my 05 numerous times. It was just this one time i wanted it done and just said screw, i`ll pay someone else to do it.

But its like the old saying goes, "If you want something done right, do it yourself".

Post Thanks / Like

why would you trust in them to do it right the second time? I would go back and see if they could refund some if not all(unlikely) of your cash. Show them the vehicle and ask them "why does it look the way it does?" Put them on the spot to tell you the process they used and if they use this process on all their jobs. Oh yeah, feel your paint. Does it feel silky smooth? Ask them if they clayed or gave it an acid bath to remove the containments. I`ll bet they didn`t.
    And when you leave, tell them you`ll be informing your friends and associates what kind of work that they do.
    Remember this,
    Cheap work is not good, good work is not cheap.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t agree with that last line. I do excellent work for cheap all the time. I don`t get paid a dime for the work I do for Dwayne. Does that mean there is no quality in it? And you know, some of the best food I`ve ever eaten was also the cheapest food I`ve ever eaten. I simply don`t think you can equate price with quality. Just remember that a new Jaguar will cost you $70K+ and it will still spend half it`s life in the shop. Money does not always buy quality and quality doesn`t always cost a lot of money.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to go back, but then again i dont want to go back. Im to nice of a person and wouldn`t be able to get it done again let alone my money. But on the other side i might just blow up and get so pissed that i`de storm right out of there.

So im leaving as is and doing it myself. Today i cleaned off a section of the hood and drivers side fender. I took out the pc, SSR3, 2.5 and 1. Used the megs cutting pad with ssr3, then the polishing pad with 2.5 and 1. Let me tell you, WHAT A DIFFERENCE THERE IS!! Much more clarity, depth, and a hell of alot LESS swirls and scratches. I knew i should`ve just done it myself when i had the chance. But the truck did/does look better then it did when i first bought it.

But now i have to wait till i do it again. I think my pc hit the crapper. Or maybe im just not used to using it for so long. The pads would barely spin at 6 but vibrate like crazy and ontop of that the velcro cloth from the cutting pad came off. So now i have the excuse to get all new pads from lake country :yes:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information