WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

PC + Edge2k Drive DA Adaptor??

hi all,

i plan to purchase a pc(7424) and some Edge 6inch DA pads. i know that in addition, i need to purchase the Edge2k DA adaptor.

i recently heard that people who purchase a pc with the edge pad adaptor had a problem where the adaptor would fly out. i just wanted to know from you guys if they fix the problem out already.

this is my first time purchasing a pc and i plan to purchase some edge DA pads with it. i plan to work on customer`s cars in the future and in fact, some guy i know wants me to detail his F-150 in a couple of weeks. i plan to charge him $100 dollars because he only wants me to do a full detail on the exterior.

let me know the info about the adaptor, thanks for the inputs!!! here is the link to the edge pad products from autogeek:
    http://autogeek.net/theedgebuffing.html

tsx2004

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC + Edge2k Drive DA Adaptor??

When I started with the PC, the Edge Quick Connect wasn`t available and I purchased a hook & loop, (Velcro), backing plate and a bunch of hook & loop pads. Because of the investment I had in backing plate and pads, I never made the switch to the Edge system.
    The Edge Quick Connect certainly sounds like it would be a handy thing to have. Although some of the first adaptors had some problems, that seems to have been corrected. I haven`t read of anyone complaining for quite some time.
    FWIW, I think Edge took care of the adaptors, (replaced them), that did give a problem.
    Hopefully, some of the Edge 2K system users will chime in with their comments.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

i recently have the edge 2k adapter for both pc and rotory. i like it for the fact that u use double sided pads. the pads feel as if they stay firmer throughout the detail.

bad thing about the adapter is that after 1-2 minutes of polishing the adapter gets sooo hot that it wont budge and u have to press with a towel between u`re finger to press it out. really annoying..
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    i recently have the edge 2k adapter for both pc and rotory. i like it for the fact that u use double sided pads. the pads feel as if they stay firmer throughout the detail.

bad thing about the adapter is that after 1-2 minutes of polishing the adapter gets sooo hot that it wont budge and u have to press with a towel between u`re finger to press it out. really annoying..
    The heat buildup is with the rotary, right? I can`t imagine the PC pads getting that hot, but.....

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished a Nissan Titan tonight that I used the Edge 2000 system on. I don`t know what people are talking about when they say they have problems with the attachment. It is just as easy to attach and just as likely to fly off as any backing plate. Screw it on tight and you don`t have a problem. I personally love it. Having that double sided pad is so nice. And not having to worry about the velcro backing coming off or the pad cutting into the foam is great too. The Edge2000 system is brilliant.

To make the attachment screw on tighter I would suggest attaching a pad to it first so you have something to grip while you thighten it. It isn`t any different than putting on a backing plate attached to a pad at that point.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Edge 2000 system and have had NO trouble with the adaptor . I think it is the best system and pads going!

I need a new job
    Post Thanks / Like

:punk: Edge system rocks. Have had it for about 6 month, no problems at all. Very easy to work with.
    2003 Mazda 6i Steel Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I have it for both also and it rocks..

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They have had their problems just like any other new product, no need to go into detail.
    Overall I like the system these days so I`d recommend it. Persoanlly I hate velcro systems so that biases me a bit.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t had a problem with mine so far...
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Thread Information