Post Thanks / Like

polimer finish blushing

I am having a little problem with blushing on black or very dark colors with the polimer finish that I am using ( I don`t want to use the brand name because I don`t know if it is a finish problem or if I am to blame with an improper procedure) I don`t use carnauba wax any more as it doesn`t last long enough. I usually hand wash clay bar then use a machine to apply the finish and use the machine with a different pad to remove the finish. I am getting a great shine with the machine. If I hand detail around creases and door handles after I use the machine I can see the areas and have to run the machine back on the areas to catch up the shine. Has anyone had a simullar problem? What brand of finish do you use if you don`t have the blushing? I am being driven crazy with this problem (not a far drive). I contacted the company and they were of little/no help. HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    By `blushing` do you mean hazing or smearing?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that it is a combination of both. The finish always has a little smear effect, but that usually disappears after the first wash. It says on the bottle that it is a "breatheable" finish, so I usually atributed that to the smear. The combination of the smear and the haze is very visable.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, the single most important change I made in my procedures was to go 100% microfiber. Cotton towels always smeared the wax and quick detailers on my dark cars. I get absolutely no streaks using MF towels. They are truly an amazing boon to those working on dark cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried a microfiber towel today and it did help but there was still some smearing. the vehicle I did today may not have been a very good test subject. The car was a repainted about a year ago. I want to try it on a factory painted vehicle before I pass any judgement. I did improve the gloss of the car noticeably

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only time I have seen that is when I was using Klasse. Of course I was using too much, instead of a nickle size I used a quarter size not thinking that would maek a diff ... boy was I wrong My guess would be maybe a little bit too much or being buffed in a little too long?
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    What product are you using? I`ve used Klasse, UPP, Poorboys, Cherry Wet Wax and Griots on my cars and I haven`t had any problems. Maybe you`re using the wrong stuff. Also, I notice you go right from clay to the product. A nice polish like Poorboys Pro might get that surface prepped for a streak-free sealant job. Could well be it. In fact, that is probably the problem. Polishing removes all the old products and gives you a clean slate for your final wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been useing a product called Wizards Shine Master Polish and breathable sealant. acording to the label it is recommended as a wax replacement, swirl mark remover, finishing glaze by hand or machine. contains no wax or free silicones. I use it as a final sealant I usually use about 1 to 1 1/4 oz of finish when I use myDeWalt sander/polisher I set about 4000 opm to apply and then boost it to 6800opm with a fresh pad to remove and give a real nice shine It has to be a very large 4x4 4 dr pickup for me to use 2 oz of finish

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard of it...it didn`t score very well in The Guru`s Wax Test Report

PS this is the "example test" they posted on their site, so before anyone says I`m giving away info, I`m not.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to look up this wax test report Thank You

'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did they test Platinum?

Sammy Castagna

Post Thanks / Like
    They are in the process of doing "The Wax Test II" Platinum is in this test
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at a Barnes and Noble book store and no copys there. Is this wax test report worth having?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by WarrenA
    I looked at a Barnes and Noble book store and no copys there. Is this wax test report worth having?
    It`s on-line only...and yes it`s definately worth it
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    you might have a problem with your finish glaze and this wax working together. Make sure the polish you are using doesn`t have any fillers. As previously mentioned Poorboy`s Pro Polish, Ultimate Platinum Cleaner, AIO, and Vanilla Moose should all prep the surface fine for a sealant.

Also that sealant is a cleaner sealant, which means it is probably removing some of your polish anyways. Think you might want to move on to a new product. UPP and EX are great sealants.

Thread Information