Post Thanks / Like

Question Noob Requests Help with Product Selection

Greetings! I have 2 new 2005 vehicles that both look great when clean and polished, and after reading through some of the forums and `product sites` I am intrigued with the possibilities with all the high level products that are available. However, being a noob to this level of car care I need some help please.

From the little that I`ve been able to gather so far, I am leaning toward the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit since it seems to have a comprehensive set of products and the Wolfgang brand seems to be well respected. Both cars have a clear coat. I seem to be leaning toward sealants due to the increased durability, although I do have time to committ to maintaining a premium wax finish...just not sure whether the wax finish is that much better?

I`d like some feedback on whether this is a good set of products for excellent finish and durability based on the autos that I have (2005 Dark Green Jeep Liberty and a 2005 Magnesium Metalic Honda). Is there a better set of products available, or are there some key products that I should add to the kit? Should I be using different products since I have totally different paint colors on the cars?

Also, I use a chamois and a faux chamois and I really don`t like the water residue. How `bout one of those California squeegies?

I hope I`ve provided enough information to get some feedback or confirmation that I`ve made a good decision on the Wolfgang kit.

Thanks much for your help!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noob Requests Help with Product Selection

Welcome to DC!
    While I don`t happen to use the Wolfgang products, the kit you are looking at appears to be a pretty complete package.
    Use the hos with no nozzle to sheet the water off after washing.
    Give the Chamois to someone.
    Use the synthetic chamois to blot the water left and use a good MF to complete the drying process.
    You will need several more MF towels so You might as well order them now.
    Several people use the water blade with good results, but I`m not sure I would be comfartable with it. Never used one so I can`t really say anything against it. Just always worried about catching even one piece of grit and dragging it across my paint.

Charles

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Charles. Get rid of the chamois and go to your nearest auto parts store. Buy a couple meguiars water magnets. They are the best drying towel you can find locally. I havnt used wolfgang stuff but im sure it is good. One thing with the sealant is that it will last the longest when properlly maintenede. IE. Washed regularily with a gentle soap. The same goes for a wax. I woudl highly not reccomend the water blade. It is a huge mistake waiting to happen.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips.

You recommend a mild soap - have any recommendations? The WG Auto Bath (w/Tuff Sudds II !) is what I`ll be buying. Any other recommendations?

I did pickup some MF towels and used them today to dry my car instead of the chamois. Did a great job.
    Have Fun!
    Docker

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Wolfgang`s sealant and have used the Wolfgan`gs paint cleaner. I like them both very much. Through the warmer months I start out with a couple coats of Wolfgang`s sealant tna dhtne just top with Souveran wax on my truck and Trade Secret wax on the wife`s car. I will use UPP on the wife`s car - 2 coats then the wax.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Thread Information