Post Thanks / Like

I`ve seen the light!

Well, you`ve all convinced me that if I want the deep flawless gloss on my truck I better get a PC, so I`m doing it.

A little about my truck:
    2005 Black Dodge Ram 1500 QC - clean paint but has slight spiderwebs
    Granite Leather Interior
    20" Chrome Clad Wheels

Now for a few questions:

1. I know I`m not supposed to use the pad that comes with it, but what pads do I need and where do I get them? Can I purchase them at a B&M store?
    2. I already have the whole Zaino line-up which I want to use after it`s been polished. What polish should I use to remove the spiderwebs and get it looking like glass?
    3. Once I have used the PC is there anything I need to do before beginning the Zaino process (Z-5, Z-2...)?

Thanks for all of the input. I can`t wait to start this process and will post pics before and after!

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`ve seen the light!

you wont ever regret buying the pc. Its a great purchase. You cant buy pads for the pc from any of the sponsers listed on the left. I reccomend Lake Country 7.5" Variable Contour pads. You will need a 6" backing plate for those pads. You might also need to change your counter weight (im not an expert). For the pads you will probably want a light cutting pad, a few polishing pads, and a finishing pad. You wont have much luck buying pads locally.

For polishes prior to the zaino you could buy meguiars #83 and #80 polishes, and you might find them locally or your can have someone order them for you locally. If your truck isnt that pad I would just try #80 and see if that does it. If that doesnt do it then try #83. Both with polishing pads to start. If you want a little more bling then you might want to try poorboys ssr 2.5 and 1. both of those can be ordered from our sponsers and woudl be used with polishing pads.

Im not firmiliar with Zaino but after you use ssr`s or #83 and #80 then you can do whatever zaino you want.

Good luck and take many pics!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`ve seen the light!

One thing you may want to consider is getting a 3.5" back plate and some 4" pads for use with your PC. I have found that it is a heck of a lot easier to remove them with that than with a 6" or bigger pad. You can use more pressure without bogging down the PC. It`s not as good as using a Cyclo IMO, but it is good for spot removal of hard to remove defects.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information