Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boss_429
    John,

I`ve always found good car wash soap to work well for claying. However, Poorboys point is well taken. If a product can lubricate better, than it would be safer to use with a clay bar. I`ve gone as far as to examine the paint finish while claying with a Jewler`s lupe. Surpisingly, the clay "files down" particles, as much as is lifts them. It also leaves micro scratches that can be tough to see, unless done improperly, and then the scratches are easier to see.

Like you, I`m sketical about these things, but willing to try something that might work better.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]Natty Don`t read this..lol[/B]

Boss do you actually look over your whole truck with a jewels loop? I can`t even imagine what would be seen...
    Natty I told you not to read this...back to the drawing board
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429

Re: [B]Natty Don`t read this..lol[/B]

Originally posted by Poorboy
    Boss do you actually look over your whole truck with a jewels loop?
    Doesn`t everyone?

No, not the whole truck............ I use a regular magnifing glass for that!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DARN! Why didn`t I think of that?

Boss...you really scare me.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    good evening Natty..how was the rainy day off? did you go fishing? ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Poorboy,

Yes, it`s one really "LONG" hour to Natty`s house. Thank godness, as the world is probably a safer place because we aren`t only an hour apart! Besides, if we were, I`d be at his house all the time borrowing his rotary buffer, and/or "car wash assistant" (not in that order).

rtcat,

I go through Hallstead (on 81) just about every week to a client. My uncle use to live in Great Bend. Nice country!
    Boss,

Now that is what I call an assistant

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I checked..about an hour and 10 minutes from Natty to Boss and almost two to rtcat...

Now Boss and rtcat....20 minutes tops:rolleyes

me add an hour

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sooooo far away. I wish i was over there with you all.......

Never mind i wouldn`t get any buisness But it would be cool to meet all of you.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poorboy. I see your point. BTW, how do you prefer to wash your own car?

Boss,
    I have a loupe too! I actually have on one occassion used it to show a customer how his clearcoat was damaged. You can see the tiny cracks and crevices from abrasions and from UV damage. It made a good way to sell a polish and seal when the guy didnt believe me that his paint needed care. He was told by his dealership that he didnt have to wax his new Chevy truck. It was a good little trick and now I keep that loupe in my tool box.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    John..i only use waterless washes...winter time or mud I wil rinse with just water..but no soap has touched a vehicle I own or any vehicle I`ve detailed for over 7 years....yes before you ask...this is for people with well maintained finishes under the dirt....I usually leave my van out from November to March/April with absolutely no cleaning, but as we all know preparation is the true key to making shines and paints last longer, and then in the Spring it cleans right up with little or no effort...yes it is also a work van and I`m not overly anal about it, but for 90% of the general public my van looks really good...could any one of us pick it apart absolutely...I can`t remember, oh yes I can about 4 years ago before my twins were conceived...that I spent more than an hour cleaning it. The same is true for cleaning Ferrari`s , Mercedes, Street Rods, etc...using the best mf and a waterless wash can be easier on the finish, easier on the user, faster (especiallly if you are preparing to do a multiple step cleaning afterwards) , no drips, no clean up, and no looking for a shady spot....

Ok one more point..use your brain ...if the finish is over 100F ...you will burn your hand....can you do it yes in small sections, would I do it??? I`ll be the one with a Diet Coke and A/C waving through the window

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    I`m sooooo far away. I wish i was over there with you all.......

Never mind i wouldn`t get any buisness But it would be cool to meet all of you.
    Hey Koop....you point me and Boss to some trout streams or good pheasant fields and we might just be persuded to come visit YOU!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    we`ve got some phesant up here that`s for sure. I don`t konw of any place for fly fishing though. Most of my fishing is out on on lake michigan or lake wisconsin. Not as much fun as fly fishing i`m sure but it`s more relaxing!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Koop Im going to Milwaukee later this week to do some business. I hear the weather is nice this time of year. I hope to see a little of the city while im there. Its about a 7 hour drive from me.

While I was a kid I had an Uncle who fly fished on lake Michigan! I know it can be done. lol

Best Regards,
    John

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey john! nice to have you comming here. And yeah i`ve done the trip to indy a few times and it should take between 5-7 hours depending on what time you hit chi town! And of course where your comming from there. When you get to milwaukee make sure you check out the new art museum! It`s a beautifull building. Even if you don`t go inside. And as much as i`d like to agree on the weather being nice if you ask me it`s too hot. This week it`s been all mid 80`s and sunny. I can`t stand it.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information