Post Thanks / Like

PC and my head is spinning

I found a buddy of mine who has a 7336. I just don`t have the money to get one from Meg`s or even lowes for that matter. It has the sander backing plate wit the adhesive on it, but he can`t find the buffer. So i trying to figure out what i need to order from meg`s to get the job done. I`ve been searching all through the forums to figure out what I need and now MY HEAD IS SPINNING. Will the meg`s W-64DA backing plate fit this thing? I don`t have much money to try out different product so I need to get it right the first time. My car has cobwebb scratches and etched water and chemical spts all over it. SO i`m guess ing I will need a meg`s W8006 cleaning pad with #83 polish? or will that be to abrasive? after applying that can I just wipe the area down with a micro cloth or do I need to buff with somthing else? what would be my next step after using the #83? Do I use a W9006 with DC polish? is the #5 speed setting on the PC a good speed? Thanks for taking the time to read this like i said i`ve read so much i`m literally having a brain fart. All these things i`m mentioning are meg`s product. thats all I really know about.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC and my head is spinning

Lonewolf, you don`t need to go with all Meguiars products as a matter of fact a lot of people don`t!

Here is a starting question!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you just want to do most of the heavy work with machine and do the final stages by hand?

1. Backing plate
    either the 5" or 6" depend on which pads you go with
    http://www.autogeek.net/backingplates.html

2. Pads you don`t need many I don`t know the meguiars pad #s and such but I would pick up a light cutting pad and 2 polishing pads! this should cover you to begin with
    http://www.autogeek.net/vcpad.html these are good pads as are these http://www.autogeek.net/curvededge.html

It wouldn`t hurt to pick up a Finishing pad but its not necesarry

3. Polishes and waxes! Once again I don`t know the condition or know what you currently have in your personal inventory.

Here are my personal recomendations

Poorboys SSR 2.5 apply with a Light cutting pad (you may not even need this step)
    Poorboys SSR 1 apply with a polishing pad
    Poorboys Professional polish or Polish w/ carnuba Apply with a polishing pad
    Poorboys EX-P Apply with a finnishing pad or by hand
    Poorboys Nattys (optional topper) Apply by hand

These are just suggestions I don`t want you to think I work for autogeek or for poorboys you can order these products from any of DetailCity sponsors but if you order from autogeek you can get the 10% DC member discount.

If you have any questions on those products or where your products that you already have fall into that mix let me know
    Last edited by Focusedonsound; 07-06-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

And don`t forget to clay, it`s really easy and makes a big difference. :jump

Post Thanks / Like

I am quiet familiar with the clay. Its great stuff.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Thread Information