Post Thanks / Like

All Clay bars are the same ???

So many brands on the market,should we avoid any particular one???

Thanks

Boss_429
    Well, I don`t think there are any that you want to avoid, but they are not all the same. I prefer the Mother`s bar over the Meguiar`s bar, and the Zaino Bar and the 3M bar over those two. However, they will all get the job done, and there are others that I`m sure work as well as any of the above.

Keep in mind that some manufactures have a couple bars with different levels of abrasiveness. Use the mild (or fine) one for normal claying, and the more aggresive bar for heavy overspray.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss is probably right, there are no lousy brands of clay that I have ever come across. I have some Meguiars and 3M clay and both are decent. I have also used the Clay Magic brand and its good too.

There are diffrent grades of clay but if you have an average car with no serious problems the finer grade should do allright. Meguiars for instance makes a couple of professional clays that are different grades. One is more aggressive than the other for more serious problems. They are different colors too. One is red and the other is yellow. Meguiars also makes one just called Overspray Clay. I like it for most general uses and its available in a can with two decent sized nars for around $15. Then of course they have the stuff thats in the department stores.

The stuff available in most suto supply stores is decent too but the bars are smaller. They also seem to be more rigid and tough in texture than some of the professional clays available.

If you looking for one to try the Clay Magic the they sell on this site is good and wont let you down.

Best regards,
    John

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree, i think all will work fine. i have heard a few negatives about meguiars but i have no personal negatives about it.

clay is kind of an interesting product. there really isn`y as many different brands of clays as there appears to be. there`s really only a couple of manufacturers and the rest is just relabled. http://www.autowaxcompany.com/magicreviews.htm here is a little info explaining why there isn`t as many as there was. www.erazer.com here is another manufacturer of clay. i think you would find erazer very similar to some other brands of clay as well.

of course i suggest getting your clay magic from this site also. it works great.

Thread Information