PC @ 6 = Ludicrous speed
    Post Thanks / Like

Horror/amusing stories of PC @ 6?

Wondering if anyone out there has any stories of using the PC @ 6? Bonnets and pads flying away, being dragged down the street, products slinged all over the car, one forearm larger than the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Horror/amusing stories of PC @ 6?

lifting the pc off the surface while still on, and on speed 6. my pad flew like 20 feet and got polish all over my face.

my cars surface was ok tho. it hink u`ll hurt u`reself and others before u hurt u`re car with a pc

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm.....for me nothing bad really but the product gumming up.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think the PC was on 6 or anything, but on my first use with it I lifted it up off the car and spun DACP all over the inside of my car. For some stupid reason I had the windows rolled down. I spent the next 2 years picking DACP out of my black interior. Seems like everytime I turned around I spoted another spatter of polish.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    I don`t think the PC was on 6 or anything, but on my first use with it I lifted it up off the car and spun DACP all over the inside of my car. For some stupid reason I had the windows rolled down. I spent the next 2 years picking DACP out of my black interior. Seems like everytime I turned around I spoted another spatter of polish.
    I`ve used the PC for hundereds of hours but this story hit me as funny. I had a similar experience happen just last week end. I had my power cord knotted and over my neck as I usually do but as I moved down the side of my truck I unplugged the cord from the extension cord. Frustrated I pulled the PC away from the truck and simply plugged the cord back in. I hadn`t switched it off and splattered both the truck and my black T-shirt. I had to look around and make sure nobody was watching, I felt like a real amateur.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked-up a PC last year & was using it for the 2nd or 3rd time when my story occured.

I was using a 6.5" LC pad & speed was 5 - 5.5 and the extension cord got caught under a tire and unplugged the PC when I gave it a subtle yank.

I set the PC down (pad facing up) and reconnected the extension cord which, naturally, fired-up the PC. I found out that the velcro will hold the pad on the backing plate for only so long.

First, I found out what "slinging" meant and then the pad launched into the snowthrower, off the wall, just missed the car & ended up on the front lawn .... pad facing up.

Guess the beveled edge of the LC pad made it kind of aerodynamic & it did a pretty good impression of a Frisbee.

Some lessons you just have to learn the hardway but I`m glad no one was there to witness my carelessness.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Post Thanks / Like

I was showing my brother how to use the PC and his wife decided she wanted to watch! So my brother thought he whould show me one of his tip`s and decided to lay a line of PP on the car (I yelled at him for using too much product) he turns on the pc and Slings Porboys all over my sister-in-law! I couldn`t stop laughing My poor sister-in-law found out what "Sling" was the hard way! My brother just looks up at me and says "OOPS" and buts out laughing!

I think there are more "funny" Detailing out-takes execpt everyone here maybe afraid to tell their storys as they may only be rememberd as the guy who flung his Finishing pad 250 yards! (hmm that might be a good game to play with old pads! PC PAD FLINGING)

I think one of the biggest joys of detailing is after learning the right way to detail, watching people who have no clue clean their car!

One saturday I was out detaing a car for a customer and My neighbor decided it would be cool for him to wash and wax his car! He thought he was all cool becuase by the time I finnished clay baring this Land Rover he had washed and put some kind of wax on his BMW convertible. I just laughed you should have seen all of the swirls and holograms all over this Navy blue car!
    There is only one boss.THE CUSTOMER! And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down,simply by spending his money somewhere else!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a nice story involving a Dewalt rotary and an impatient manager. I used to hang out at a used car lot with my friend that worked there to pick up tricks and practice on the used cars( no use screwing up MY stuff).

Anyway the manager came into the shop and tryed telling my friend to "hurry up". The manager was a little tyke and my friend is a monster( 6`2" 260).
    So anyway the manager grabbed the other buffer that was on the table( set on max speed 3200rpm). He is going to "help" speed things up. This was not a body shop manager and had no idea what he was doing. My friend is huge and can operate the buffer accuratly with one hand for hours on end holding it off of the paint.

To make a long story short the manager pulls the trigger on the buffer and it rips out of his hand swings around (trigger locked "on) the antenna, rides up the windshield and the metal gearbox on the buffer lands on the decklid, leaving a nice big dent. He thought that he would hurry up and "show my buddy how it was done" LOL. Well he had to go and tell the customer he screwed up the car....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

PC at 6 story? I got one.. my first time using the PC with DACP.
    Lifted that baby off while still spinning resulted in spots all over my glasses, the car next to me, the washer and dryer.... I still haven`t been able to get all of those damn spots off of the dryer. BUT, I didn`t have my windows rolled down like Jngrbrdman!

Thread Information