Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OK...Got Poorboys...

Whos gonna tell me the correct procedures...???

Jeff

My two vehicles are outside all the time.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff I think you will be ok considering Steve Poorboy posts here and his protege natty. From my experience really easy to use. The Ex is like UPP in application.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up EX Expectations

I have no experience with the polish, but I really like EX!!

I put a total of three coats of EX over 3X S100. Absolutely no proplem with bonding. I used the MF applicator that came with the product and used it damp. EX went on nicely and it was easy to put it on in a thin layer. I let the EX set for an hour. I came off easily with a MF towel.

The gloss and depth of three coats of EX easily matches the gloss and depth of 3X S100 - or the 3X UPP on my wife`s Silver Spruce Avalon.

What I value most about this product is that you can put it over practically anything. The last coat went over an application of Mother`s Phase 2 Sealer and Glaze. To me this is most important for my Black Santa Fe. The S&G fills in most of the surface imperfections in Hyundai`s mediocre paint. EX then gives me the shine and hopefully the lasting protection that I look for in a sealant/wax.

I like this product.

really

Post Thanks / Like
    How long between coats??
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation EX Expectations

Mine were at least a day apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have one day with this..can I s100 over EX..??
    on same day??
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

EX Expectations

Call Steve.

Boss_429
    Jeff,

My understanding is that the EX should be given 24 hours before anything is layered on it............... but ask Poorboy to be sure. Also, If the EX is as good as I`ve heard, you may not need to top with S100.

Anyhow, it sure will be interesting to hear your thoughts on both those products.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the EX has carnuba in it I`ve not found any need to top it and maybe I screwed up but I don`t wait to put on the second coat. I put it on right away.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve already put 2 coat`s of EX on one right after the other with no problem`s and good result`s.

The polish will pretty much remove anything that is on there previously. Buff it on until it hazes up and wipe off.

The polish with carnuba is also a real easy 1 step type of product. Offer`s great result`s too.

Boss_429
    You guys could be absolutely correct on the application of the EX. It may be possible to layer right away? When Poorboy, or Natty stops by, I`m sure they will help out. Anyhow, I`m sure it wouldn`t "hurt" anything, but might not be of any benefit either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a response from Steve on how long between coats.

I`ve waited an hour between coats and I`ve not waited at all...some people wait 24 hours
    Do what you feel comfortable with...if you`re doing it in the sun...maybe a half hour between coats...I`vwe also left it on overnight..indoors..morning dew will leave spots guess how I know
    Durablity will not change from one to ten coats...but a deeper look is usually achieved by the third coat....

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you guy have a conversation and don`t tell me about it

Abain thanks for the quote..and showing my spelling mistakes from after midnight writing

Using the Professional Polish is easy...just remember you don`t need a lot...work it in with a pc or hand until it virtually disappears, then wipe it off. when you have nothing but a squeeky clean surface and very clean too..it`s time to put the EX on...use a damp mf sponge applicator or sponge or just mf towel and apply evenly over entire vehicle and either wipe it off wait a while or wait a day ...it still comes off easy.

Jeff...since you`re starting with a great finish this process will be very very easy..same for you Boss....

The only time I hear about people really working is if they have a lot of old product build up on the vehicle or use Zymol...that stuff is like removing ink from paper with an eraser...lots and lots of gunk coming up until you realy reach the finish...

Ok Natty..put the Assistant in her original upright position and answer some questions:p
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Well, I`m a little surprised that multiple coats won`t improve the durability, at least a little............... but whatever the case? If the durability is good to begin with, I guess it doesn`t matter. At least the look will improve!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad with analogies

My wife always says my analogies don`t make sense..but i guess growing up and seeing Yogi Berra speak a lot it rubbed off

Boss if you have bullet proof glass...do you think two layers will make it better? See i told you ahead of time...

Yes Boss I guess it would improve a bit if you were abusing the finish by washing in the rain everyday but if you take polish to it , it will take one, two or ten layers off

So if you`re saying that will more layers stand up against overwashing....ok I`ll say yes...will it give more UV protection ..yes ...

ok stop asking me to answer questions at 2am when i should sleeping
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information