Thread: Sealant`s

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant`s

OK

I confess I do not use sealants, where do I repeant at....LOL

Someone tell me the advantages to this process. My standard detail is
    Wash, clay,polish,swril reomer,glaze and wax.

Do I need another process, hope not but then I want the best possible finish that I can deliver back.

OK I`m all ears.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant`s

Originally posted by Beemerboy
    OK

I confess I do not use sealants, where do I repeant at....LOL

Someone tell me the advantages to this process. My standard detail is
    Wash, clay,polish,swril reomer,glaze and wax.

Do I need another process, hope not but then I want the best possible finish that I can deliver back.

OK I`m all ears.
    You should know this one :

Wash, clay,polish,swril remover, klasse AIO (or UPC), UPP. Nothing to go wrong.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

So I can skip the wax or should I do that we well as the sealant.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Question sealants

jgv,

If you just wash,clay,aio,and upp, and thats all do you still get good results? If not wahat is a good brand of swirl remover and polish? and can this be done by hand?

Thanks for the response.

E
    Keep it Shining!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beemerboy

You can just layer another coat of UPP each month or so. It attracts less dust as-well than the wax.

Erik Anderson

You`ll have excellent results, about polishes, you can either use Poorboys, 3M, Meguiars, all available here Premium Auto Care .

You can do it by hand, though it`s much harder (do you have strong arms?)
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Thanks

So I can skip the wax or should I do that we well as the sealant.
    Different people have different ideas, but.....
    IMHO, if you use SMR, AIO, UPP, there is no need to use wax over the UPP. It may add something, but I`m not too sure, based on my experience.
    If you use SMR, AIO, wax, (I use S100), the UPP wouldn`t be used.
    A sealant doesn`t usually bond well to a wax. However, a wax seems to have no problem bonding to a sealant.
    On our three vehicles, I use AIO/UPP on two, AIO/S100 on the third. I really don`t think you can tell which vehicle has what finish product on it. I have used S100 over the UPP on one vehicle and I am not sure I could see any difference. Meguiar`s #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 is only used when needed, maybe 2-3 times a year if all goes well.

Charles

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I wouldnt get too excited about sealants like your cheating the customer by not using them. The dealerships and some detail shops advertise paint sealant like its a high tech super coating of protection that the customer should pay a high premium to get. I dont feel this is a straight up way to treat the customer but thats just my opinion.

The benifits of using sealants is the durability. They last longer resisting heat, air, and water ect. I like waxes more than sealants just because they are easy to use and look so nice and good waxes can last a good while.

The nature of wax is to be applied on top of the paint. If you hear people talk about sealants not bonding properly its because they seem to need to have certain conditions to properly adhere to the car. The sealants usually are made with silicones that need to be in contact with the paint to bond with it. I know this is true because there have been times when I have polished and then sealed the paint and for some reason the sealant didnt last. I later was given good advice from a few people that due to the polish being on the paint the sealant didnt bond properly. So following the direction for the sealant application is important when you get started using them.

About waxing, I like to put wax over a sealant sometimes for the look of a carnauba wet shine.

So many people love sealants but to me when I give the customer a machine polish and a full detail and then Blitz wax instead of a sealant is not a poor deal for the cusomer. It lasts a respectable time and the look is great. I can apply it over any polish or glaze and it doesnt need a cure time like some sealants.

Alot of shops charge an extra fee for paint sealant like its some special deal but in reality it isnt anything real special. If you want to use sealant its more of a personal preference to me instead of a high dollar extra service. I guess Im missing out on more profit by not charging extra for sealants but after I tell the customer that I can seal the car for half the price the dealership can I seem to have no trouble getting clients.

Best regards,
    John

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EX...available here at premiumautocare.com the best of both worlds and no bonding issues
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information