Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Question

Ive heard everyone brag on Poorboys so Ill give them a try, My question is which swirl remover should I use. My truck is black abd has some swirls, not bad, and some dried water spots on the hood. What all do I need to get these out? AND NO! IAM NOT BUYING A PC RIGHT NOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Question

u`re gonna need 6 cans of redbull, a doctor, and some ssr2.5. goodluck...

with all honesty, its really hard to remove swirls by hand, but if u want u can always try by hand and follow up with a glaze to hide w/e wasnt removed.

sorry if this didnt quite help you

joy

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I do and you can heed it or ignore it. I do everything by hand as I`m not dedicated/committed enough to have daily drivers flawless(always a new ding,nick or scratch). I tried getting swirls out by hand and it was way too much work for me. I use glazes because I like the way they look and the fact that they do hide some flaws is a plus. My cars although far from perfect look better than 90/95% (if not more) of the cars on the road. You`re the only one who has to be satisfied/ happy with your car`s appearance. The general public sure doesn`t care about your swirls. It`s all in what YOU want.If you don`t have any glaze then I`d go all Poorboy`s that contain carnuba as it will help hide swirls/flaws.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Poorboys Question

In all honesty, a pc would make your job and life so much easier. If you detail a lot, go to your local hardware store and smile really big as you drop coin on the best detailing tool for your money. Your elbow will fall off before you see half the results you will by using a pc. SSR2.5 with a pc with make life and your cars finish

Cooookie, um num num num mr2man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rabbi......know what you want first before doing it!
    D is for Detail.....thats good enough for me! :headbang

Post Thanks / Like

get a PC, its a life saver especially since you have a black car. Trying to remove swirls by hand will take literally 10-20 hours to cover the whole car. You can get much better results with a PC taking only 1-2 hours.

XX DeWalt Crossing XX
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, gotta bump the PC, although I`m partial to a rotary

You could also do as rabbi said and "hide" the swirls. As long as you`re happy, that is what counts. You will give yourself tendonitis if you try to remove them by hand! Even with 2.5 or 3, you`re in for a treat!

Good luck

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Well, since you said you aren`t getting a PC right now, I won`t throw the suggestion out at you. I understand not everyone wants to learn how to use it/can`t afford it at the moment/generally not interested/etc. I suppose you could try a good polish by hand, like SSR2, follow it with a glaze like rabbi mentioned, and then top it off with a nice wax. That should make for a pretty good look.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nice-N-Clean
    AND NO! IAM NOT BUYING A PC RIGHT NOW!
    But you will eventually if you remain addicted to the hobby.
    My polishing and waxing was done by hand for over 50 years. Since I have become spoiled by using the PC, I can`t imagine not owning one.
    It was something that I put off for some time because I really thought it was a fad and wasn`t really worth having.
    If mine quit today in the middle of a swirl removal project, I think I would postpone the project until I had another PC.
    Seriously, you ought to try to put a few bucks aside whenever you can until you do have the spare cash for one. You won`t regret it.
    Meanwhile, you can do a pretty decent job by hand, it`s just a lot more work.

Charles

ps. Don`t waste, IMO, your money on one of the cheap discount store buffers. I did and ended up giving it away because I didn`t use it.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When working by hand you work by the inch, when working with the PC you work by the foot ...that`s about the best way i can describe the difference...results if worked correctly will be about the same.:hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information