97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like

dedicated towels?

Say I use a couple of towels to remove some polish or wax. I then wash these towels using hot water and a double rinse. Would you use these towels again, but for interior purposes like for removing dust on the dash or on leather seats? I was wondering if I should use new towels for the fear of perhaps getting some polish or wax on the material that I`m using it on even though the towels have been washed?
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dedicated towels?

If that were to happen, your washing equipment would be suspect. As long as you wash in warm to hot water using a quality liquid detergent, extra rinsecycle with the final vinegar rinse, I don`t see why you wouldn`t be ok.

Be sure to wash brand new mfs before use as well.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt really use microfibers i use for the paint for interiors or any other work. i will tho use washed quailty microfibers for the paint only, doesnt really matter if i used it last for wax and now i wanna use it for polish, as long as its been properly cleaned. as for interiors, same goes, but for that u can get a hold of the lower quality microfibers, which u can probably get a hold of at the local auto stores. (not saying all otc mf are bad, but there are some).

hey by the way, dont mean to hijack, but ive been looking for the meguiars drying towel that just came out and i cant find it anywhere. only place was pep boys and it was sold out.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep 3 separate baskets for dirty MFs and wash when I need to. They are grouped in:
    1. wax, polish, and QD
    2. windows and drying
    3. stained ones for wheels, door jambs, engines

Joyride: Which Megs drying towel are you looking for? The Micro Suede or the Waffle Weave? I can check my local PepBoys for you and have them Priority Mailed. Shoot me a PM.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MS22
    I keep 3 separate baskets for dirty MFs and wash when I need to. They are grouped in:
    1. wax, polish, and QD
    2. windows and drying
    3. stained ones for wheels, door jambs, engines

Joyride: Which Megs drying towel are you looking for? The Micro Suede or the Waffle Weave? I can check my local PepBoys for you and have them Priority Mailed. Shoot me a PM.
    waffle weave. that would be great. i asked the dumbfounded manager at pepboys when they would restock and his answer was "i unno".

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW...I personally seperate my polishing and waxing/QD towels. It might be a bit overdone, but I fear that the abrasives caught in the polishing towels "could" not all be washed out, especially when compounding or even intermediate polishing. So, for my sake, I do seperate loads on those two. What`s your take on that?
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep nice towels (paint towels) and crappy towels (everything else) seperate.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

My overly simplistic system.

My MF towels are for painted surfaces and the products used on those painted surfaces only. I have several, (30 to 40), and they are only used once between washings. I doubt that I could tell from the condition which towels are fairly new and which are a few years old.

Cotton terry towels for everything else. Windows, vinyl, leather. I have several, (20 to 30), of these as well, and they also are washed after each use. If there is any question about the terry towels condition, it becomes a door jamb, wheel, underhood towel. Many times I will cut a bath size towel into smaller pieces for that use. If it is questionable for those areas, it becomes a wheel well and tire towel or a shop rag. If it is questionable for those uses, it becomes trash.

Charles

Thread Information