Post Thanks / Like

UPP over Megs 9?

I was wondering how UPP would bond to Megs 9 or 3M Swirl Remover? I like the idea of some fillers to hide swirls as I am not really ready to go with heavier-cut products.

Boss_429
    ACE,

Well, not sure if the UPP will bond to #9, or SMR, but I have my doubts. You could give it a try, but I suspect you will be disappointed. Still, I know where your coming from, and I agree. The weak link in any synthetic system is the lack of being able to apply the synthetic, whether it`s UPP, Zaino, or any other........ on top of a "highly glossed finish", without losing some of the durability of the synthetic. I would guess this is the reason a lot of guys go with the AIO as a base, as it add some gloss back, after it`s cleaning action removes oils, and fillers that were on the paint.

Having said that, I believe Poorboy`s polishes are water-based, and may bond with UPP! So I`m thinking that some of Poorboys SSR1........ followed by some of his Pro Polish......... followed by a few coats of UPP............. followed by a few coats of EX............. followed by some Spray and Wipe......... followed by some of Poorboys new QD+......... followed by........... God knows what............... may be the ultimate system!

Anyhow, that`s my plan.............. and I`m stickin to it! I`m sure Dwayne and Poorboy will be happy!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    ACE,

Well, not sure if the UPP will bond to #9, or SMR, but I have my doubts. You could give it a try, but I suspect you will be disappointed. Still, I know where your coming from, and I agree. The weak link in any synthetic system is the lack of being able to apply the synthetic, whether it`s UPP, Zaino, or any other........ on top of a "highly glossed finish", without losing some of the durability of the synthetic. I would guess this is the reason a lot of guys go with the AIO as a base, as it add some gloss back, after it`s cleaning action removes oils, and fillers that were on the paint.

Having said that, I believe Poorboy`s polishes are water-based, and may bond with UPP! So I`m thinking that some of Poorboys SSR1........ followed by some of his Pro Polish......... followed by a few coats of UPP............. followed by a few coats of EX............. followed by some Spray and Wipe......... followed by some of Poorboys new QD+......... followed by........... God knows what............... may be the ultimate system!

Anyhow, that`s my plan.............. and I`m stickin to it! I`m sure Dwayne and Poorboy will be happy!
    Yeesh, you will be waxing all day!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the #9 under my platinum however, I used the UPC before I went to the UPP. I have also tried meg`s #5, UPC, UPP with no bondind issues(so far). Wouldn`t the UPC remove any oils or fillers anyway?

Thread Information