WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

is this a good glaze??

sup all

i live really close to a auto detailing store that sells alot of meguiar`s line, they sell everything, even the meguiar`s products that you dont find in pep boys or autozone.

well i dont have a glaze for my car and im looking for one. i wanted to know if this meguiar`s #7 glaze is very good. here is the link to it:

http://www.autogeek.net/meg7showcarg.html

one of my friends told me to just get vanilla moose. i heard its better and im checking that out too. if you guys know a better glaze besides vanilla moose and meg`s #7, let me know. thanks all for the inputs!!!

my car: acura tsx 2004, premium pearl white color.

tsx2004

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: is this a good glaze??

Meg`s #7 has quite a following, but I have found it very difficult to use. After buying it three different times and having the same bad experience with it each time, I gave up on it.
    VM, I know nothing about.
    If you want to stay with the Meguiar`s line, I have heard that #81 Hand Polish gives very similar results to the #7 and is much easier to use.
    Everyone has their own way of taking care of their vehicle, but I no longer feel feel that a glaze is something that is needed in my process..
    A swirl remover a couple of times a year or as needed, a cleaner/polish every 3 to 4 months, and a wax/sealant every 30 days seems to work for me. The wax/sealant application probably isn`t needed each month for the paint, it`s just to keep me happy.

Charles

Boss_429

Yep, the ole #7 is good stuff. However, as Charles mentioned, many people prefer #81 (like me). As a matter of fact, #81 is one of my favorite Meguiar`s products. On clear-coat paints, it`s just easier to use and gives the same results as #7.

The VM is easier to use than either #7, or #81 and another good choice.

One Grand`s Omega Glaze is another good choice, but a little more difficult to work with. On black and red, it is quite nice.

To be honest, on your white Acura, I don`t know if you will see a big difference with any of them. Therefore, I would go with the easiest to apply and remove (probably the VM) if you insist on a glaze.

Of course, that`s just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

#7 has fallen out of favor with people because so many products have come out that negate the use for it. It doesn`t have any abrasives so won`t remove defects. And by itself it won`t last a week (and will dust like crazy because of the oils). Some people also say it is difficult to remove (I removed it with the PC and a MF bonnet with NO problems) One other negative about it is that it stains trim...

However, I love it!!! Man, the depth I get on my red is awesome!!! Top it with a QUALITY carnauba and you`ll get an outstanding shine!!!

But where does it fit with all the products available today? People like fewer steps and they are getting it with other combos. I have my car coming out of paint so I`ll use it again then (the original reason I bought it). I`ll also use it as a pre-polish.
    The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.
    -Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

I still use terry cloth
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as everyone else has said, it`s a decent glaze that you can usually buy locally, but its difficult to work with. If you insist on getting a glaze, I`d spend a few more bucks online and buy something easy to use, or see if #81 is available locally.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s my understanding that #7 was created for single stage paints and #81 was created to get the same (or similar) look but for clear coated paints.

On a personal note, I`ve used #7 on both types. I`ve had a ton of luck with the product on single stage and not so much luck on clear coat.

If your car is clearcoated, don`t go with #7, go with #81.

This of course is IMHO.

Hope this helps!

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used #7,#81 and Vanilla Moose. If you have clearcoat go with #81 or Vanilla Moose.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Thread Information