WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

four star UPP question??

im about to order four star UPP. currently ive been using meg`s NXT and its alright and ive heard that four star UPP is better. one of my cousin`s plans to buy NXT from me so here is my chance to get four star UPP.

now when i was using my nxt, i would usually apply the wax on my whole car first before i dry it off with a MF. now ive heard with 4* UPP is that, apply the UPP on the whole car, wait a bit, and then dry it off.

my questions is how long do i have to wait before i dry the sealant off? when i get my UPP im gonna apply it onto my whole car, probably wait 30min, and then dry it off. if 30min is too long or less, please let me know. in addition, im gonna top the UPP with S00 paste wax.

i have a 2004 acura tsx premium pearl white color car. thanks for any inputs!!!

tsx2004

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: four star UPP question??

I leave UPP on for at least an hour. I`d say a minimum of 30 minutes before you take it off.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

I think the minimum you should let it sit is fifteen minutes. You can let it sit as long as you`d like I suppose. I have never had any problems letting it sit for a while before removal. You might also want to think about topping it with a wax. You will more than likely lose a lot of the slickness and you can`t add any more UPP on top of the wax after you`ve added it. Just a thought.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love UPP on that color. I wait a minimum of 20 minutes and have actually left it on overnight before (in a clean garage). I suggest going over the car with 4* UPC before the UPP ... it will produce a brighter look than AIO. After 24 hours add another coat of UPP and enjoy.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

I can`t comment on the look of UPP over UPC compared to UPP over AIO since I haven`t used the UPC. It is definitely less money than AIO.
    If you are ordering, a good combination would be the 4 Star UPC, 4 Star UPP, and the 4 Star UGE. You might even want to contact Dwayne to see if there is a package deal with all three products included.:dunno
    The UPC will prep the paint, the UPP will look great and leave a slick surface you won`t believe. The UGE will help maintain that appearance and slickness for weeks if not months.
    To me the best way to describe the look is Wow!
    I would almost bet that will be your initial reaction.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I too recommend the 4* UGE. One of the best QDs available. Makes the gold pearl on my teg POP.
    The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.
    -Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

Post Thanks / Like

Ya what everyone else has said, UPP is fantastic

...but if you do top it with a nuba, do at least 2 coats of UPP, it gets better

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks for the input you guys. for QD i already have the meguiars final inspection #34. i live very close to a car detailing store that sells mostly meguiar`s stuff and ive heard alot of good news about the meguiar`s #34 so i went out and got it.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsx2004
    hey thanks for the input you guys. for QD i already have the meguiars final inspection #34. i live very close to a car detailing store that sells mostly meguiar`s stuff and ive heard alot of good news about the meguiar`s #34 so i went out and got it.
    The #34 is a good product. So was the discontinued Final Detail. I bought them by the gallon. I now buy and use UGE by the gallon for almost 3 times the price of the FI, and very nearly 4 times the price of the FD.
    And yes, to me it is worth it. The difference in price is reflected in the difference in appearance and slickness.

Charles

Thread Information